Sign in to follow this  
GRUNT

Hunting Chow

I have a hunt for elk coming up. Going with two co-workers who were also drawn. We are each bringing a dinner that can be stored in a cooler and reheated in a kettle/pot. Please post your favorite recipes and any sides that compliment it. We will be camping West of Payson and is expected to get down to 50°F. Thanks!

Any leftovers can be kept in the cooler and reheated at camp. So I often cook double the amount I need for a few meals the week before a trip and bring the extra for camping.

I agree with Di....That's what I have been doing for the last few weeks, to prepare for our Utah trip. My dinners (almost all leftovers!) include spaghetti, chicken stew, taco rice casserole (makes great burritos), chili. Of course there's always burgers and dogs too. My breakfasts include stuffed peppers, ham and egg bake, stuffed bisquits...each of those providing 2 meals, plus apple muffins. Gotta get going on lunch soon....that will be manifold burritos. With our nights anticipated in the high 30s, I don't plan on standing around cooking too much!

smiles, ladybug