theksmith

JK Wrangler Push-to-Start, Hands-Free Keyless Entry & Remote Start

33 minutes ago, Texasscott28 said:

Thanks so much for this post! I was able to successfully install everything yesterday. The only issue I ran into was the alarm arming and disarming every 10 seconds. Turns out instead of using a 100 ohm resistor I grabbed a 100k ohm resistor! 😣

A couple of notes on my install:

awesome - love hearing success stories!

Edited by theksmith

FYI, if anyone experiences the Easyguard engine starting suddenly becoming unreliable - you're probably about to need a new vehicle battery. It seems the Easyguard and/or Fortin & Omega modules are very sensitive to even the slightest weak battery.

I've had to replace my battery twice now (you only get about 3 years with the Phoenix heat). Both times for about a month prior to there being any other warning that it was going out, the Easyguard would sometimes not start on first button press. Instead it would light up the button as if it had started, yet the engine hadn't even tried to turn over (no click-click or anything). I'd have to press the button again while holding the brake pedal to make it turn-off... then on the next button press it would usually crank just fine. 

Oh, and I'm just using your typical H6 AGM battery like came with the Jeep (currently one from Walmart, previous one was Autozone Duralast).

• Like 1

Any thoughts on the best way to disable the lock/unlock apart from disabling it with the fob? It drives me nuts if I’m in the Garage working on the Jeep with the keys in my pocket…constant locking and unlocking.

Kris,

I sure do appreciate your write up and used the omega products to get my setup going. I wired directly to the brake wire and I feel like everything else is connected correctly. My PKE works correctly, When I step on the brake the PTS button light blinks and if I press and hold the button it will start. The only time it will actually start on a quick button press is if I have just manually hit the fob unlock button. Any ideas?

Bob

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bfrank4709 said:

Kris,

I sure do appreciate your write up and used the omega products to get my setup going. I wired directly to the brake wire and I feel like everything else is connected correctly. My PKE works correctly, When I step on the brake the PTS button light blinks and if I press and hold the button it will start. The only time it will actually start on a quick button press is if I have just manually hit the fob unlock button. Any ideas?

Bob

it's been a long time, but i seem to remember a setting in the easyguard to "increase cranking time" - maybe the Omega needs a long pulse to tell it to start? that's the only thing i can think of right this moment.