theksmith

JK Wrangler Push-to-Start, Hands-Free Keyless Entry & Remote Start

Ok so I had some time and mounted the push button to the new bezel, I trimmed some of the lighter mount to get the button as flush as I wanted without using the bulky rubber trim. I should get to the wiring this week. What size resistors did you get nad where did you end up putting the resistors and the relay to. I'm probaly go a make a harness with the wires so it's nice And clean

i used 1/4 watt resistors, but 1/8 or 1/2 watt should be fine as well. i just zip-tied the relay and the heat-shrunk little resistor pack into the wiring harness and hid all the modules and wires up in the dash well.

Just bought all the parts, should be in by Saturday. Perfect for a funday Sunday project. Thanks for this great write-up.

One quick question. Did you cut the blank that came with the EC002-FO version fob, or did you find another flip out style jeep key to then cut? Seems kind of skinny and might not work.

One quick question. Did you cut the blank that came with the EC002-FO version fob, or did you find another flip out style jeep key to then cut? Seems kind of skinny and might not work.

i had regular non-chip key copy made at Walmart for like $10 and then cut it up with a Dremel to make a custom blade for the FO style fob.

a standard Chrysler style blank that has worked with most Jeep/Dodge/Chrysler cars for the past 15 years will be available at any place that makes keys. it cuts up like butter with a Dremel metal cut-off wheel, or you could even just use a hacksaw and a file pretty easily.

i also still had to Dremel out the inside edges of the FO fob housing just a bit in order for the actual keyed portion to fold down into it. my particular keyed section had just one "bump" that was nearly the full width of the blank which prevented it from folding in otherwise.

WOXiamV-028F5-5yL_3EOq9xy18A2HLGtRMXYUpCD7gJHPmjKO-Z3_LWz7wzR21eX6q6XEAADs2N4mqG4SS6Hmmu2aLZfiCPEkpxgyKMsVDiyjb6rAr7D_8Fla02PEPDGgJbF1VdfPhEy7CQz0VjzU8EJ3FaLuxJkCHLAOdhu6RFCsYD_anWJib_qx3-rZaIS-DdG7jPAnzr-YKBf5zgCBxs_TS12E9rX2_NPHvGGP4Yw26gllmepkACOEoUs3EIjgYHfkn3TGWIxBKi3SAhJZcALtG-Qimo8r-dtxcj3JLw84a07uv1j-oQnIdlVdr_e5qR-EO42R6OcG7eg4wsEOrXG3OgyTofR7hwa7KbTPszSqX2SU7sZWb-VTPNEMq8Q87f9-KyV76ZNpmsO5Esfao7vbByyweFhgwS5QGA5FL7UxDqHIu-PIrwT1PPZ5qzL3FG0_YcqPq9h7aqtz9GJ5lZ2_9RXZcq97bYrZ4uV30jQwgEB83RaAixm3MAudXcyJpGvKZO5qQirCV-AVLX4oEAM0Hhx677XyIlP85cy81hAaoF7kU7Xio_lIZS7z_obds5yF_KAzhBhdARavmYocUVk6OU7UqJvcucAkBBuJuzSWOb0ioT_Y915fxgIvT_4kqm71lNW_E3havkJpitthy1Fa_bld7W6-42ZrlrrOqXaEXBImd527uilqL9zC5cHlbTD-tua6m25awgeg=s800

:pray::smile:

Was so confused for a sec, but then just looked over the wiring diagram and it made sense. Onto making a resistor pack and wiring in the relay now.

20190119_160225.thumb.jpg.356a211e29a4bbf481e76eb06b5cb3c8.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=4061&d=1547942634

nice soldering iron choice - i've got the older analog dial version of that same one!

nice soldering iron choice - i've got the older analog dial version of that same one!

Really wish I had that one. Reading the manual on this one to change the temps was eye-crossing...

Ballistix, i just deleted some of our discussion so that it won't confuse anyone in the future... i also re-created the diagram to correctly reference the 6P harness...

so just to be clear, in this diagram:

cBjYzDGvTvrOq1YtqXxtpJbKoZ70gryJ6mGtUoYBm6lpqDVABmgeZFIPSbip7mV0ChVf0FnyOgkS-E03jdYAmOcZdf72nzZVXIzEcNe1F7893Nvogn-TItq7J1B8xgZbnDc5mshe2kGlZiatRz2qpHaaPjlTqykNwvs7FWEGgAFHokpfo39_cTN2w8mF2WE18RbiO6dice24eI1M6UMHkgZw6p-uuSBw37pZriRSlWO9aLdHI-H1gYJvcfxnpyExSG_fCN7udRBloCgTpxpVSU3n-X57O8SQonltK0tBqoW16skdJmImL2eQLrAoCYVJVb9OwhHtTVokEv-Nr2Y1g1cFeDZfDd5oPrc2W1aHtfle9a6OlQB3U9bylJ1L1KF2c5GBPWEIlGSuEGjCUUOZv6PUUgNNFlV2oKfkGwFD0IKerFySM_gZvDDojfazymz8G-ktz4p-q2RkWcaKzDbmHlD-Z3RSL4v6i494Hc7pJnzUW-noR1VOK-FQmjx09NdXGtja-5Rx8ZKMrrh2e7kuxv3raJS5kx5N21tBRjaYHF3Y9r3tI2sMZJoXAQgsSbiJyz4gIXn9Rym-6t2HnBWQRixgwIixANXZtXQywme02oNT3uH7Y66HiDVldIoncvg70F02x8p-0bMkRfCh7okXWETZeDfiHKZyyPk5qOJ5kd4JRBdcYb5O5QmwOuXE4O8jRbKhDJnCjvA0kQ6KMw=w1920-h480-no

all 4 of the wires on the right are joined together:

Omega module 4P E, Blue/White (GWR -In) + Easyguard 3P, White (GWR -Out) + delay relay pin 87 + delay relay pin 85

also, thanks for letting me know about the errors and places that weren't clear.

Not a problem, thanks for clarifying. Took a leap of faith and went with the white GWR.

Got everything hooked up and into place (including splicing into the brake switch), but now have some weird issues.

1. for some reason my brake lights are stuck on. I removed the entire switch from the metal mount but now when i replace it, it seems the pedal doesn't come in contact with the switch enough to depress it and keep the lights off while driving. Can you confirm that the brake lights should go off when the switch is depressed? or should they only come on when the switch is depressed (this makes more sense due to the layout of the pedal.)

2. I plugged everything in, but I could not get the push button to actually start the car. The fob triggered lights and I pressed lock and unlock, but didn't actually lock or unlock the doors. Is there any additional setup required after plugged everything up. I also held down the power button for five seconds to see if it would start that way, and still nothing.

Any wisdom you could impact here?

1. for some reason my brake lights are stuck on. I removed the entire switch from the metal mount but now when i replace it, it seems the pedal doesn't come in contact with the switch enough to depress it and keep the lights off while driving. Can you confirm that the brake lights should go off when the switch is depressed? or should they only come on when the switch is depressed (this makes more sense due to the layout of the pedal.)

Figured this one out. Looks like my plunger on the switch was pressed too deep, just needs to be pulled out and re-calibrated.

Still need to see why the Easyguard isn't working right, need to confirm my dip switches. Feel like I might have messed them up.