theksmith

Automatic Tire Air-Up to a Pre-Set PSI

airing-up, the dreaded monotony at the end of every run - well, leave it to a lazy guy with ADHD to try and make it less painful. ;)

on-board-air is one of those luxuries that once you have, you never want to be without. well it turns out it's fairly easy to take that to a whole new level of convenience!

no more over-inflating and having to let some air back out, or leaning over squeezing an inflator trigger for a couple minutes at each tire!

i've been running this setup for over a year and it's worked quite well.

full write-up coming in the next few days. i'll show you how to make use of the programmable pressure switch i mentioned in the video and explain why several features of that particular model are needed to make this idea work.

continued...

UPDATE: still working well, now with my 2 tires at once setup:

5AWaMwOPNUXCi3px4IghSfY9c57Ar2PrZ0f14P4RfSkyfyJoZw3JGR_CV2J7I6HtaOC9KgHRo3hatCM5avejZJNWQZWMjKwq7Zo3_xyWp0JCSfbwNddNV99RZfT_1CAd92hgrrD23Dw_yzwCcfkvlsHJZ73oLxUHl8dUHzXjnkEj_sApQU9WfL8bnjBdkNdRRoBFV-pAo0kY5yoty4Ja_roSAVo62LHyLkkZ2LEbrQVJVkdQcKFk5luZ9gpx06U_wKiPNng7X2ZDSZqi2pO61pPk8dSz8lF40lq5yZmbr_Yf4uZCa6UIj1NjLErBEHz02vHo_ljYJmDVeRmknrRVdyMDuaxoNnaFchHQD2JGE2mnvHLPhtLOpqdsGd22czZX7eBR0LUjvlYk-D1rnE0Km_ct9sHyQvlMquW8L9OBlnqHBrhotnj4s_UinMLT8YXfkXu1X2yQ0XF6iM5Id60rKjkS03MEQg1-0L7YJX8_6tnhReyx7tcaABYpFutwzZWYsvjhnIOwmMVZfAPQAlO-c0iKOaEAbDCbcOuI3RjFAMGa1l5WNwfWdL2zdozRPnIXTBqdL681D2bKKHk2DbIrm-tYx7elrEdwtJDKEv13pgzlmSQKwkUH1dcM5SaIO4Z6_NzPiJmOpKujZUPECnyH0oSkT_K2xCWEGN0WLaycY-nkbcv5dzrMV-o3nwe30s7Z1o-wjigCwbqSb4GXaw=s800

What a great idea!

Can't wait to find out more!

This is the system that I'll be going to https://updownair.com/jeep-jk-2/. Looks very promising. this will be coupled with an ARB dual compressor and 5lb reservoir.

another one of our members has that, maybe he'll chime in with how it's treating him...

that setup allows you to air-down all 4 at once to a pre-set PSI, but does it automatically stop at your desired pressure when airing-up? i was unclear on that part when i read about it. if not, then you could still combine my approach with it. either way, it's definitely another solution to the same problem and sure to save you some time.

My buddy that works @ Doetsch Offroad knows the guy that runs the company and it does shut off at the PSI you set the dial at. I am looking probably January or early February for this set up to get installed in my rig.

UpDownAir seem to be using a mini adjustable pressure regulator, like you would find on most any 110v compressor...

when i first started to experiment with this idea, i tried to make something similar and couldn't get it to air-up to a consistent pressure - but i was still doing a single tire at a time. i wonder if the "all 4 tires at once" approach is key to getting a mechanical regulator to work well, of if the regulator i tried was just junky.

i look forward to hearing a review from you once you have used the system!

i look forward to hearing a review from you once you have used the system!

I will most definitely put one up here once I get installed and get to play with it.

i had looked at that and the reviews were kinda 50/50 so i never tried it. it's pretty much what i tried to make myself early on and didn't have consistent results with.

however, there are much more expensive electronic versions of that available. FYI - i think i saw some cheaper knock-offs on Alibaba - one of those might be worth testing since you have that Warn winch + compressor and probably don't want to hack on it!