Jump to content
Offroad Passport

9/13 - 9/15/2019: The Event Formerly Known as the Cinders 10th Annual, Dry Camp, RV OK, Salsa, Games

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, Bradywgn71 said:

Anyone check if campfires are allowed?  I wasn't 100% which national Forrest this spot was on.

 

I didn't check yet - it's Coconino NF though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, theksmith said:

so @Curly, it sounds like you might be the first one to claim the site for us - depending on what time you would get there Thursday?

Sounds like it.  Will probably aim for early afternoon. It's only an hour from home.

 

As far as fire restrictions, I can't find any info for sure, but If the spot is in Coconino forest, there are no restrictions.  On the linked page, it shows none under current restrictions. On another page it shows fire danger high.

https://www.fs.usda.gov/main/coconino/fire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks like Milk ranch point is in Coconino forest and the surrounding valleys are Tonto.  Tonto forest had a stage 1 fire restriction which expired on Aug 30. See page 2 under Implementation: https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/fseprd638467.pdf

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Curly said:

It looks like Milk ranch point is in Coconino forest and the surrounding valleys are Tonto.  Tonto forest had a stage 1 fire restriction which expired on Aug 30. See page 2 under Implementation: https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/fseprd638467.pdf

 

 

yup, actually as soon as you step off the edge you're in Tonto!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We’ll have to find this! 

392F7D98-07CC-4158-9CEE-E50C9E77B1CC.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tim, which site are you looking to stake a claim at, 1st or 2nd choice?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ghostrider said:

Tim, which site are you looking to stake a claim at, 1st or 2nd choice?

Choice 2 is a better spot, #1 is pretty rocky ground for any tent campers.

 

I've been to the aircraft arrow. It's only a couple hundred feet further down the road.

IMG_1656.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign up both my wife and I and our pup. We will be there Saturday morning and tent camping. 

Stoked to meet the group! Thanks for putting it together!!

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, REDROCK TONIHAWK said:

Please sign up both my wife and I and our pup. We will be there Saturday morning and tent camping. 

Stoked to meet the group! Thanks for putting it together!!

 

I added you to the list, it will be nice to meet you guys! Pets are welcome; please be aware of our Pets Policy

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...