Just got back from Bulldog Canyon. Its very close to my house, just down Brown Road to Idaho Rd in A.J. Its only seven miles but very rugged, low range driving. Takes 2 or 3 hours to the other end. Good for a days fun. I go when I get tired of computer or TV. Type Bulldog Canyon Permit for the site for the free permit. Varmint hunting is OK but no target shooting.

Good shooting spot just across Beeline Highway about 3 or 4 miles in on Bush Highway. Lock was missing at one end and still had Decembers combo on the other. ATV's, Jeeps and lifted pickups. Some guy out there today laying on the ground next to his brand new Ram pickup with stock little tires and wheels. Must have been looking at the scrape marks, ect. The lake is right there as well and the Verde River. Its a cool area and close to me. Bring your cameras if you go, its very majestic. Here some picks.P3140006.thumb.jpg.adacb9b4edae62116291a454606ba16f.jpg

P3140021.thumb.jpg.72a9da49e89861e20da7afe93a53ebd9.jpg

P3140007.thumb.jpg.8001b3db0745d0a372922f5ec554ec9c.jpg

P3140011.thumb.jpg.8d541f3f3ed0709b644d3992b366f4d5.jpg

I haven't been out there in years. It is a very beautiful area for sure. Thanks for sharing the pictures and write up!

thanks for posting the pics! i've only run this trail once.

i think the permit system is well implemented for this trail - easy to access and free. it seems to keep some of the casual riff-raff out and therefore reduce trash and cutting of illegal trails.