i could have cut 2 legs off a table and sold it to you for far less!

;)

I saw one of those on display at the Offroad Show we went to a while back, and took a picture of it so G could make us one. It's a great idea for expeditions

I very much like the idea myself. As long as the leg is adjustable!

I saw one of those on display at the Offroad Show we went to a while back, and took a picture of it so G could make us one. It's a great idea for expeditions

I thought of that after I bought it. "Gee, I'll bet a welder could make one of these for $10.99".

I thought of that after I bought it. "Gee, I'll bet a welder could make one of these for $10.99".
I seriously doubt that... There's more than that amount of $'s in metal alone... Not to mention the electricity, paint, cutting tools, and & welding consumables... AND of course, the man-hours required (although the "mental therapeutic value of building stuff", outweighs at least some of those costs)... ;)

I seriously doubt that... There's more than that amount of $'s in metal alone... Not to mention the electricity, paint, cutting tools, and & welding consumables... AND of course, the man-hours required (although the "mental therapeutic value of building stuff", outweighs at least some of those costs)... ;)

You’re right about that Steve. I wanted to build a lower shelf for my son’s smoker grill. Just 4 pieces of angle iron, and an expanded metal shelf about 14”x22”. No big deal I figured.

I couldn’t find anyone to sell me less than a 4ft x 4ft. sheet of the expanded metal. Maybe I wasn’t checking with the right steel yard but I couldn’t find a “drop” anywhere I looked.

So at the least it would be good to plan on a group table build. That would help keep the costs down.