subPar

2dr JK Rear Storage?

I have a 2dr JK and have been trying to find a way to organize and carry everything in the back cargo area while still being able to use the rear seats. I’ve measured, bought and returned several tool boxes, bags, and storage cases, and just can’t find a great way to fit everything. Ideally, I want to keep trail tools, recovery gear, and a small cooler for water/snacks. It’s a lot to fit in that small spot, but those with a smaller Jeep (YJ, TJ or 2dr JK), what’s the best storage solution you have come up with?

I have a 2dr JK and have been trying to find a way to organize and carry everything in the back cargo area while still being able to use the rear seats. I’ve measured, bought and returned several tool boxes, bags, and storage cases, and just can’t find a great way to fit everything. Ideally, I want to keep trail tools, recovery gear, and a small cooler for water/snacks. It’s a lot to fit in that small spot, but those with a smaller Jeep (YJ, TJ or 2dr JK), what’s the best storage solution you have come up with?

I always take the back seat out and pack my tools and gear in tool bags and put them inside only when running trails.

In my 2 door I had a Vector MP table that held a shovel and fire extinguisher (maybe a maglight too?). Due to the lift I had rendering the stock jack useless and a Hi-Lift on my OR-Fab carrier, I used the storage space under the rear floor for things like straps or overflow from the bag. I had a tool bag from Harbor Freight with a lot of basic tools: it was large enough in size to carry a basic ratchet set, adjustable wrenches, multi use screwdrivers, side cutters...etc but not too large to take up precious space in the back but still able to be zipped up. Also, I had a small first aid kit in a pouch from a surplus store that I strapped to the roll bar in the rear. The bag was nice because I could easily remove it or pop it on the front passenger floor. There was still plenty of space for a small cooler.

What I have is compatible with Jeep. Been binge watching Marie Kondo's show on Netflix and after that I realized that my car is such a mess especially when we go travel. We really travel  a lot so I need to make a way to fit everything. This is what I got https://www.jeepsareus.com/sku/82208566.html. What I did is I attached it on the side so it wont move when on the road. If you want you can also stack it. But when we have really bulk things like when we camp, I install it on the rack on top and seal everything with a net.