Sign in to follow this  
K7VZ

New boat, need more water.

So I got this new boat, but need more water. Besides the monster lakes like Pleasant and Bartlett, where are good boating locations nearby? I think we are going to haul it up to Blue Ridge Res. over Labor Day weekend.

lb58gx

We used to have a similar boat that we took to Apache Lake to camp and fish. Apache is the next one up from Canyon Lake as you go up Apache Trail, and it's less used because of that. Back in the day it was nice.

Blue Ridge would be a good place, as would all the lakes up on the rim: Woods Canyon, Chevelon, Bear Canyon, etc.

Then there's all those lakes up by Flagstaff - all around Lake Mary there are lots of little remote lakes: Long Lake, Potato Lake, Deep Lake, etc. We camped but didn't fish at Kinnickiniki (sp) Lake a few years ago.

Nice little boat - have fun with it!

d

Me and my wife had a 12 footer, we used to take it to blue ridge, launch the boat, park the truck in the parking lot, walk back down to the launch site, and camp on the lake at rock crossing beautiful place, lots of big trout.

phil

Hey Virg, what is the power source for the boat? Oars, motor, outboard? George:cool:

Hey Virg, what is the power source for the boat? Oars, motor, outboard? George:cool:

I have oars. One is split and either needs repaired or I may replace both of them. The guy I bought it from also threw in an old electric trolling motor. I hooked it up to the battery and it spins, but does need a new prop as the existing one is broken. MinnKota 35W with 17 lbs. of thrust. My brother lives in Minnesota. I've got him on the lookout for a small 3-5hp gas motor. I think that would be sweet on this boat.

Virgil

All this boating talk got me excited about going. Went to Martin Marine on Broadway and Extension and bought a replacement prop for the trolling motor. $12.92 later and I'm ready to go!

All this boating talk got me excited about going. Went to Martin Marine on Broadway and Extension and bought a replacement prop for the trolling motor. $12.92 later and I'm ready to go!

Virgil, I thought you lived way up North. Are you around the East valley? I have 2 kayaks. George and I could follow you out on the lake something or better yet join you in the pool! :eek:;)

I live in north Phoenix. Bass Pro didn't have the prop I needed and sent me to Martin Marine since they stock parts for older motors.

Finally got her out on a bigger body of water this past week. My brother was able to pick up a nice Johnson 5.5hp motor and we got it delivered by a friend of mine that was visiting. Last Tuesday we hit Saguaro Lake for a few hours. Lots of fun.

downsize-8.jpg

downsize-9.jpg

SWEET... I ended up with my dad's old 14ft Lowe this fall... Been busy fixin't things that were not up to snuff, but it's gettin' close, and about time to splash her...:P