sunroom73

There and back again!

Thanks for the invites! I was actually planning to join the Vulture run this Saturday, but had forgotten about my sons soccer game. I may just do a quick shakedown run through Bulldog Canyon this weekend to make sure it's trail-worthy before venturing too far outside of the valley. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dzJeepChic said:

Hi Frank! Nice Jeep! Friends of mine who have WJ's absolutely love them. Glad to see you're back out on the trails!

Thanks Diane! It's a bit of an older rig that rattles and squeaks a lot, but I am loving the WJ so far.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sunroom73 said:

Thanks for the invites! I was actually planning to join the Vulture run this Saturday, but had forgotten about my sons soccer game. I may just do a quick shakedown run through Bulldog Canyon this weekend to make sure it's trail-worthy before venturing too far outside of the valley. 

Hi Frank! Nice to “meet” you and welcome back!

@WILL E frequents Bulldog on the weekends. He might be out there too!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, 4x4tographer said:

Hi Frank! Nice to “meet” you and welcome back!

@WILL E frequents Bulldog on the weekends. He might be out there too!

Hi Ryan! Nice to meet you as well. Thanks for tagging WILL E...looks like I won't have to go it alone. :)

• Like 1

So this is pretty cool.  Frank joined me and a friend on Bulldog Friday.  Thanks Ryan! Your mention got my attention and I PM'd him.  

Anyways, we are hanging out at the entrance gate, airing down, setting up lunch, etc.   A guy name Joel comes over and asks us how he gets a permit.  

We give him the info and tell him, if he wants, he can tag along with us.  He does. 

We get to our the first stop.  A beautiful spot with great views.  Unfortunately some time ago some jerk dumped 6 old used worthless tires there.  I mentioned next time my buddy shows up with his J10 we will haul them out.   Without hesitation Joel said "No Problem I'll get rid of them".     So our tag along friend had us toss them in the back of his pickup.   What luck!

Hopefully he will join the site.  Super great guy.   

We had a nice time.  Friday was a great day to be out wheeling.  Temps were perfect and the rain the night before meant no dust on the trail.   

20231201_131700.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 3

It was definitely a great day to be out on the trail. Thanks for allowing me to tag along and then cooking lunch for us. Wow that was above and beyond! It was great meeting you guys and I look forward to the next time.

Joel was a super nice guy. I thought it was awesome he let us load those tires and he hauled them off. 

• Like 4