shellback91

Howdy From Laveen

Hello everyone. Thought I would introduce myself. I bought my first jeep a few months ago. it is a 2012 Wrangler JKU Rubicon. I am not sure what size lift it has as I bought it used. It does have 33" tires, a LED light bar(which I am not a fan of currently) and 2 LED spot lights on the bottom corners of the windshield. Other that a stubby antenna I added it is pretty stock.

I have been looking to get out on the trails. I have zero off road time so I am wanting to learn some things and get together with people who are willing to show me how it's done. So far I have had no luck anywhere so I thought I would jump in here. Are there "schools" (Probably dumb to ask but I read somewhere there may be) to learn the basics of off-roading or is it get out and run around?

jeep.thumb.jpg.fa1d38b2f469cbf53905355aa3dae6e9.jpg

Welcome to the site. Do some runs with us and you will learn fast. A good 12v air pump and tire deflators are a must have when running trails.

welcome to the site! you have a great setup to start learning with - capable, but shouldn't get you in over your head.

there are in fact training places, Nena Barlow of Sedona Jeep school is an excellent instructor.

...nothing beats seat-time on the trails though.

as soon as the weather cools off a bit i'm sure you'll see some easier runs posted here that will be perfect to get your feet wet on!

Welcome to the site. Do some runs with us and you will learn fast. A good 12v air pump and tire deflators are a must have when running trails.

Thanks, still convincing my CEO(aka Wife :D ) to let me buy stuff. I am looking forward to getting out. I signed up for a run in September so I am looking forward to that. Can you recommend a air pump that works good for 33" tires?

welcome to the site! you have a great setup to start learning with - capable, but shouldn't get you in over your head.

there are in fact training places, Nena Barlow of Sedona Jeep school is an excellent instructor.

...nothing beats seat-time on the trails though.

as soon as the weather cools off a bit i'm sure you'll see some easier runs posted here that will be perfect to get your feet wet on!

Thanks for the link! I will definitely check out Barlows. That along with seat time I should get more comfortable.

the bigger Smittybilt compressor is probably still the best bang for your buck - it's darn quick even on larger tires.

just make sure you get something that hooks directly to the battery instead of a cigarette lighter plug.

Hi there and :welcome:

That's a nice looking rig you've got, there! I agree, seat time is the best teacher, but Jeep school is cool too, for learning the basics. Looking forward to seeing you out on the trails!

Hi there and :welcome:

That's a nice looking rig you've got, there! I agree, seat time is the best teacher, but Jeep school is cool too, for learning the basics. Looking forward to seeing you out on the trails!

Thanks!

Howdy