dzJeepChic

Which type of venue do you prefer when attending Offroad Passport Annual Events?

Offroad Passport Annual Events Venue Preferences  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Which type of venue do you prefer when attending Offroad Passport Annual Events?

• Improved campground with amenities such as running water, electricity, shelter, restrooms, etc, with attendees contributing toward the cost.
    • Primitive camping with zero amenities except for what nature has to offer, with a nominal donation to help keep the club going.
    • Either is fine with me, I'm only there for the fun. I don't think we should limit ourselves to one or the other.
    • Neither! The great outdoors is overrated. We should have the annual events at a resort with all the amenities including brunch.

We hosted our big annual event for many years at an improved campground near Flagstaff, AZ, and the Cinders OHV. We originally chose that place because it offered shelter from rain, and it has running water, electricity and vault toilets. Offroad Passport paid for the reservations up-front and charged a per-person fee to cover the cost.

This year we tried something different, and held the event at Milk Ranch Point on the Mogollon Rim, where there were no amenities other than an amazing view. The camping was free, and Offroad Passport requested a nominal donation to help keep the club going.

As we plan future events, we'd like to hear from our members as to which type of venue you prefer. There's nothing that says we can't switch back and forth, or avoid one over the other; but we'd like your feedback. 

If you know of a place you think would be a great spot for an event, please let us know about it! 

Improved campground:

DSCN0440.JPG

Primitive camping:

DSCN2808.JPG

Having only been a member for 2 years now, I really enjoyed the "last ever" Cinders event, but I also really enjoyed the new "Rim" trip.

The one thing I missed this year was a trail ride. The family and I really enjoyed the Cinder's afternoon adventure and seeing 30-some-odd rigs all conquering the volcanoes. However, we also loved the peace and quiet of rim country, and both of my daughters are STILL talking about how much they enjoyed the hike.

Bottom line for us - the people. We love you guys!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

While I tend to lean towards the less primitive area for the easier access, and the larger "hard" shelters, capable of handling larger groups for the group activities, the more primitive venue worked out fine this year for what appeared to me to be a smaller than usual number of participants for the "annual cinders event".   Not sure if the type of venue and the number of participants were/are directly correlated, just an observation.

And like Ryan, for me it's about visiting with and enjoying the folks who choose to participate.... ;) 

Edited by ob1jeeper
  • Like 3

The big annual event is usually my last ditch escape from the heat toward the end of summer. I would vote we continue going up to cooler mountain locations.

I agree with Scott, as I like cooler weather with campfire potential. I know I am just getting back into the mix and missed this year's celebration, but I enjoyed the big group ride of past "annual trips." Can anyone remember that far back when I went to the Cinders? 😆

• Haha 1