4x4tographer

"Oki": 4x4tographer's 2018 Jeep JLUR

A little Home Depot Jeep mod today. With the new wheels decreased backspacing (moved from 6.7” to 4.5”) there was a good 1.5-2” gap between the tailgate/carrier bump stops and the tire.

$8 later, I walked out of Home Depot with some 1 1/4 “ PVC and some rubber tips for some stool legs and VOILA! Bump stop extensions!

I’ll hit them with some rattle can bed liner later. 😅

o4js1FU.jpg
FluZMBg.jpg

Edited by 4x4tographer
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, 4x4tographer said:

A little Home Depot Jeep mod today. With the new wheels decreased backspacing (moved from 6.7” to 4.5”) there was a good 1.5-2” gap between the tailgate/carrier bump stops and the tire.

$8 later, I walked out of Home Depot with some 1 1/4 “ PVC and some rubber tips for some stool legs and VOILA! Bump stop extensions!

I’ll hit them with some rattle can bed liner later. 😅

o4js1FU.jpg
FluZMBg.jpg

And now I know what happened to the feet on my walker

• Haha 5

can't wait to hear how those Yokohama's work out for you. i was already seriously considering them for my next set of tires, now even more so - they really beefed up the look of your rig! 

Martha Stewart Beef GIF by VH1

23 minutes ago, theksmith said:

can't wait to hear how those Yokohama's work out for you. i was already seriously considering them for my next set of tires, now even more so - they really beefed up the look of your rig!

X2 on what Kristoffer said. I like my K02's but am looking into other optionswhile researching my next set of tires. Road noise is a factor I am taking into consideration along with everything else.

Edited by shellback91

2 hours ago, theksmith said:

can't wait to hear how those Yokohama's work out for you.

2 hours ago, shellback91 said:

Road noise is a factor I am taking into consideration along with everything else.

I know it’s only been about 5 days, but I’m pretty happy with them so far. Have about 200mi on them. They drive like you might expect! The road noise is frankly comparable to what I heard from my 33” KO2s. They might be a touch more noticeable. Then again, I have the soft top and that’s not exactly quiet to begin with! 🙂 There’s zero drone on the highway, which I care about.

No troubles in Sedona last weekend, but we didn’t do anything to crazy. I did notice the extra diameter seemed to “smooth out” the ride on the trails.

I’m sure I’ll have more to say about them after the CK run in a few weeks!

• Like 1

Just an updated Flex Shot on our latest trip to CK!

tBaUyXm.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Rolled out to Lake Pleasant to explore a little side canyon area with @theksmith and to grab some "commercial" photos. It's been a LONG time since I've played around with some strobist photography. I've forgotten how much I enjoyed it.

I've still got a few more to look at, but dropped a few of my favorites from the day below:

xEyCAXV.png

dXnqeNK.png

The shade of this small canyon wall helped keep direct sun out of the equation and let us play with a mix of ambient light and remote flash. Of course, you need to add in your own headlights for a little extra drama! 😬

3Kz0NVO.png

The lower to the ground you get, the better. :) I was crawling in the dirt most of the morning.

S84MEeS.png

Here's a nose to nose shot with Gadget, and below are a few of my favorite captures of Kristoffer's rig.

gOS9s8c.png

WuxxHrs.png

Edited by 4x4tographer
  • Like 4
  • Love 3

12 minutes ago, 4x4tographer said:

Rolled out to Lake Pleasant to explore a little side canyon area with @theksmith and to grab some "commercial" photos. It's been a LONG time since I've played around with some strobist photography. I've forgotten how much I enjoyed it.

I've still got a few more to look at, but dropped a few of my favorites from the day below:

xEyCAXV.png

dXnqeNK.png

The shade of this small canyon wall helped keep direct sun out of the equation and let us play with a mix of ambient light and remote flash. Of course, you need to add in your own headlights for a little extra drama! 😬

3Kz0NVO.png

The lower to the ground you get, the better. :) I was crawling in the dirt most of the morning.

S84MEeS.png

Here's a nose to nose shot with Gadget, and below are a few of my favorite captures of Kristoffer's rig.

gOS9s8c.png

WuxxHrs.png

These are awesome Ryan!  Oki & Gadget are lookin' good!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bravo Ryan!! They're awesome!

• Thanks 1

Some minor updates on the JL:

• Just hit 39,000 miles
  • Performed an oil change (Mobil 1 full synthetic) + filters. With the lift, oil changes are a breeze now!
  • Drove my first "major" road trip - 850 mile wine country trip from Phoenix to Oceanside/Fallbrook/Temecula
  • A full-size wine barrel fits in the rear of a JLU with the subwoofer option 😅

nnyFi1h.jpg

trbhRhq.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2