4x4tographer

"Oki": 4x4tographer's 2018 Jeep JLUR

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, 4x4tographer said:

Also forgot to share this. Found a pretty great video that walks through every aspect of your front end, how to check things, explanations as to why things are they way they are.

Worth a watch. 

Pretty good information you shared Ryan...   The gent with the glasses who was doing most of the talking/explaining, is the owner of Dyanatrac, and a knowledgeable axle/steering guy for sure...   ;)

The only thing I take a small amount of exception to is the descritpion on how to measure/check toe-in.   Marking both front AND back of the tire is not very accurate methodology, UNLESS you have a static marker, and can rotate the tire one full turn to mark a complete line circumferentially around the tire.   It would be better to mark one spot on each tire, then rotate each tire to the fore-aft positions for measurement, to ensure you are always measuring the same lateral position.

Edited by ob1jeeper
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ryan,

I’m not sure where in Peoria you are located, (I’m at 74th and Happy Valley) but in the future if you need a tool that isn’t that common hit me up.

I might just have it.

• Like 4

Thanks Jim! I really appreciate the offer! I'm just up the road from you in Vistancia.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Welp, I did a thing.

vLtyMrZ.jpg

TZJ5aCt.jpg

0VQuCSR.jpg

Some new Icon Vehicle Dynamics Rebound wheels and Yokohama Geolandar G003 M/Ts. 

Here are some details on the new setup:

Icon Rebound wheels

• Size: 17x8.5"
  • Backspace: 4.5"
  • Offset: -6mm
  • Weight: 30lbs each
  • Load Cap: 2,750lbs each
  • "Titanium" painted finish

Yokohama Geolandar G003 M/Ts

• Size: 35 X12.50R17
  • Tread Depth: 22mm
  • Weight: 71lbs
  • Load Rating: E

Really excited with how it came out, they look great. I'm also happy with the wheel color. I was originally torn between a matte black and the titanium. I was little worried it would be "too silver" but its a bit of a "smoky metallic" and darker than the factory wheel with the machined lip.

The extra backspacing is really going to help with preventing the wheels from rubbing up against the new tie rod and some of the other new suspension stuff we installed recently. However, that also means I need to make some adjustments to my tire carrier (until I upgrade) since the new wheel/tire no longer engages with the bump stops on the tail gate.

I also picked up a TaserJL from Z-Automotive to program in the new tire size and enhance some other goodies on the Jeep.

tazer-jl-mini-new-product-image.png

The range of things the TazerJL can do is pretty slick. Light shows, hood alarms, "winch mode" (where the engine will rev to 2,000 RPM), line-lock burn outs, and other potentially useful features.

Edited by 4x4tographer
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

NICE! that looks hotter than a toothless Oklahoma hooker sweatin in the July sun!!!

• Haha 5

After I re-gear my axles I'll be stuck with my 285/70's for some time...  🙄

Jealous GIF by Todd Rocheford

• Like 1

Awesome! Those are way cool!

Fuck Yeah Yes GIF

• Thanks 1

Way cool @4x4tographer! I love the new look!

31 minutes ago, theksmith said:

NICE! that looks hotter than a toothless Oklahoma hooker sweatin in the July sun!!!

That has to be the most off-handed compliment I've ever heard...  🤭

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

53 minutes ago, theksmith said:

GIF by NETFLIX

22 minutes ago, dzJeepChic said:

That has to be the most off-handed compliment I've ever heard...  🤭

Its an art-form, really. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Got that " I can go anywhere look" now. Fantastic!

• Thanks 1