shellback91

Small Evap Leak Code

I thought I would update this thread for grins. 

After not being able to get a hold of Joe a few times  I had my local Firestone investigate while they had it in for a transmission fluid exchange a couple of weeks ago. They said all they found was the evac pump was bad. Against my better judgement I had them replace it. I had to run an errand that evening after picking it up and getting home. As soon as I fired it up  wouldn't ya know, here comes the same engine code. 🤬 So I drag it back to the shop and they couldn't find/diagnose anything because I cleared the code they said. At this point  I am angry. LOL

Light came on 4 days later so I did not clear it. Took it to another Firestone and they found the anti spill valve on the gas tank is cracked and the whole tank needs replaced. After I let loose a few choice words I called my warranty company. It is covered thank goodness so I am taking it to the dealer next week. The check engine light is still on any annoying me but I won't clear it until after the dealership visit.  Hopefully that visit will end this once and for all. 😂

Edited by shellback91
  • Sad 2

glad it's covered at least!

15 hours ago, theksmith said:

glad it's covered at least!

silver linings is what that is. It's all good. 😀