GRUNT

Mounting a Winch in a Wrangler.

I recently mounted my winch back onto my Jeep. I am looking for ideas(and pictures) on how everyone ran their wiring for their winch. I have an auxiliary fuse box to which I will run the wiring. What I am looking for it how you routed the wiring from the control box to your power source. You see, previously I had just thrown the winch on and ran the cables as easily as I could. After pulling the winch off, I found that over time the wires rubbed through the paint on my grill. How did you all run your wiring? On a side note, I plan on ordering the bracket that allows myself to move the control box. Dan Kuefner has on that lays his box down so it does not hinder airflow across the radiator. Thank you for any feedback you may have!

20191124_122818.jpg

Grunt Quote:  

On 11/24/2019 at 5:35 PM, GRUNT said:

I recently mounted my winch back onto my Jeep. I am looking for ideas(and pictures) on how everyone ran their wiring for their winch. I have an auxiliary fuse box to which I will run the wiring. What I am looking for it how you routed the wiring from the control box to your power source. You see, previously I had just thrown the winch on and ran the cables as easily as I could. After pulling the winch off, I found that over time the wires rubbed through the paint on my grill. How did you all run your wiring? On a side note, I plan on ordering the bracket that allows myself to move the control box. Dan Kuefner has on that lays his box down so it does not hinder airflow across the radiator. Thank you for any feedback you may have!

I made the mods to the bracketry, to move the control box on Ladybugs TJ to the pass side and level with the upper portion of the winch, when I modified the winch mount to move the winch down & forward, to help with improving the air-flow to the radiator.   Then routed the HD wiring through the grill, and later covered any areas where they might have come in contact with sharper edges, by slipping a short piece of heater hose on the potential contact areas, and securing them with tape & zip ties...   See attached pics

IMG_1304.JPG

IMG_1305.JPG

• Like 2