GRUNT

What is this part?

I am attempting to make my old Jeep sea worthy and in doing so, am replacing some of the old and damaged rubber parts. After 26 years some are just disintegrating. I am perplexed by this little fella, right here in the picture. It is a rubber piece that is attached to the tub, where the B pillar from the soft top sits in. When looking online, I cannot find it in a soft top parts diagram. I did find it for a TJ. On a TJ it is called a mucket. I couldn't find anything searching under "yj, mucket." If anyone can steer me to the right place, I shall award thee a "thumbs up," sprinkled with gratitude.

20191130_205039.jpg

2 hours ago, defectivemonk said:

According to this they’re part of an aftermarket top

https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/yj-mucket-seal-850410/

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! They are part of the tub channel kit. I will keep digging. The only company I found that sells them outside of a whole frame kit, is Rampage. The reviews are terrible with rusting within months and fitment the key issues. I was hoping a more reputable company like Bestop would have them, but their channels do not appear to come with the rubber molded end. I will keep looking now that I have a direction. Thank you, again.

2 hours ago, GRUNT said:

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! They are part of the tub channel kit. I will keep digging. The only company I found that sells them outside of a whole frame kit, is Rampage. The reviews are terrible with rusting within months and fitment the key issues. I was hoping a more reputable company like Bestop would have them, but their channels do not appear to come with the rubber molded end. I will keep looking now that I have a direction. Thank you, again.

After looking at the parts diagrams, and seeing what is offered for the TJ, It appears that you could likely use the TJ mucket seals, with perhaps some minor modifications.   OR...   Simply use some adhesive backed foam door seal material available from your local hardware store...   Should work well enough to provide a reasonable seal against the elements... ;)

• Like 1