Sign in to follow this  
Number7

Need a good auto-mechanic. I've got a bad Vibe.

My mother has a '05 Pontiac Vibe with 30K on it. The check engine light came on yesterday, so I took it to Vatozone for a free check engine light. The guy couldn't get a reading on it - he said he'd never seen that happen before. Somehow the scanner couldn't communicate with the computer. So I took it to the nearest GM dealership, Van Chevrolet. Van Chevrolet tells me that I need a new radio ($630) because their scanner can't communicate with the computer, and it goes through the radio. Actually, they phrased it like this: "Note the DLC goes threw [sic] the radio to ECM and no communication going threw [sic]. Need to replace radio to further test and diag the vehicle" WTF? I told them I didn't want to buy a new radio, so they tried to work around. So, in their words, they: "remove both battery cables on the battery and clear the ECM by touching them together. Road test the vechile [sic] and checks ok at this time". They charged me $295 to do this. So I went and got the car today, and 5 blocks down the road the check engine light came on.

Obviously Van Chevrolet doesn't know WTF is going on with the car, does anybody on here know what to do? I'd be happy to pay somebody who can fix it. George cool.gif

When I can't fix it myself, I take my vehicles to Cathedral Automotive on the NW corner of 32nd St. and Greenway. They are fast, honest, and do good work.

I highly recommend Sandy and Son's in Mesa (Lindsey and McKellips). I've been using them for over 20 years now. Never had a problem with them in all those years.

George - I can recommend Garcia's in Mesa. On Broadway road just east of Mesa Drive, south side. Very knowledgeable and hyper-honest.

Thanks guys, still hashing it out with Van Chev. George:cool::confused: