GRUNT

Winch Solenoid Ground Wire

After mounting my winch back onto my jeep, that has been sitting In the garage for 10 years, I found that I either snag or one of the dogs chewed off the ground wire on the solenoid. It comes off the back of the control box, but I am uncertain where it goes to. It has been off my Jeep for so long I don't remember where I am supposed to wire it. Does anybody have a warn winch or a similar winch, and knows where that ground wire needs to go to?

20200103_164116~2.jpg

After talking to Dan Keufner who has the same Jeep and M8000 that I do, the wire goes from the control box and around to the negative battery cable stub on the winch motor. What puzzles me is after opening the solenoid box, what I thought was a black wire is actually a black jacketed red wire that goes all the way back to the controller connection that is located on the front of the box. So, I am of to O'Rielly's to get some wire and a protective sleeve and get this bad boy back together. 

20200103_172628~2.jpg

20200103_172502~2.jpg

Correction, I found out in a video that the wire is a motor ground and just needs to go to the vehicle somewhere.

• Like 1