theksmith

2020 Barrett Jackson Scottsdale, AZ

Brady and I attended the first Saturday of the annual Barrett Jackson auction/show this year.

A high point for both of us was the Dodge Thrill ride where you get to ride in a new Hellcat Challenger or Charger with a professional driver on a short course. They showcase the high performance acceleration and braking - then pitch the back-end out on a few corners. We stood in line an hour for just a few seconds of fun, but it was worth it!

We ended up in a Charger and had a former IndyCar racer as our driver. Brady took the font seat and captured this video:

The other big deal for B was looking over the Paul Walker collection (he's a big Fast & Furious fan).

Here are a few vehicles I thought Offroad Passport members might enjoy seeing...

Willys!

dD-MpnP4hGZC43Yb6L1gIqQ7iuOvd8bsgBJB9eAY

The window sticker said this was a "Marty McFly re-creation":

UE8STYDw7UOKVGvCwVTpo_Y8xPx8BGuNsUbo9Jxt

I desperately wanted one of those as my first vehicle after the Back to the Future movies came out. While I never did end up with a Yota of any sort, I'd take that one in a heartbeat.

Continuing with the movies theme, there was a Griswold Family Truckster available:

rySrm76Hl4Ru87WNUyaDu4ITZbGT8-ZMKQyKvs12

A classic FJ40 in great condition:

sd9o5nbfychCUPIHGYROHfUGEXN_StLb5NSHIWe9

The General Lee collection:

nXIx0xReipIZoUOTaB9lHtiWjrNptyh34XkFlb0d

I saw several old 4x4 Chevy trucks and classic Broncos that I'd also be happy to have!

NIaQjbnZJOhYpjJq-LdynSKoaxJotP1Fr8NldRMT

I know we have some Dodge Power Wagon fans on this site...

RMyvTYI5wM_47RaDOshthp7K1lJ5uS9HOsMUdE0v

vOmelK39Za9hUXTQRiQsgwE1aJe7L0gkjFbZJmPW

I don't really know what this was, but it looked fun!

3mChVLxoioStXF8ScNIUwPap_UvP-Z2g-rYQ-VP3

BSU1_KabcmHQ6THG8HnXP7d9z-zzxxSPxXUVe3D0

B was excited with this Skittles rainbow collection of Superbirds (he's a Mopar man)!

LT7Dvcftdnk4c4OERVCEi-gRTI95w5Qk8FGZwU7J

Anyone else go this year and get some photos?

Edited by theksmith
  • Thanks 1

Several years ago, Ford was sponsoring (along with AAA) a hands on Automotive competition. The finals were held at Bondurant school of driving at Firebird raceway. One year we were treated to a similar experience with a Pro driver and Ford Crown Vics,  the next couple of years were hot laps on the racetrack in Mustangs.  Lots of fun!

• Like 1