4x4tographer

March 14, 2020 / Wickenburg Mountains Triple Threat! / Moderate 4x4

14 minutes ago, Rubicon 18 said:

Sign me up please

Gotcha!

Posted (edited)

After reading up on Corner Spring Trail and Robert's Camp  trail they look a little too gnarly for me,  especially with the recent rains. :embarrassed: 😔 Any thoughts? Maybe I could circle back on Constellation Road then peel over on Buckhorn Springs and wait for the crew?

Edited by shellback91

22 hours ago, shellback91 said:

After reading up on Corner Spring Trail and Robert's Camp  trail they look a little too gnarly for me,  especially with the recent rains. :embarrassed: 😔 Any thoughts? Maybe I could circle back on Constellation Road then peel over on Buckhorn Springs and wait for the crew?

Ryan's rig is pretty stock so he's not going to take us through anything crazy, and we will always help spot you anytime you need. only you can make the call, but IMO, you'd be fine! :) 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, theksmith said:

Ryan's rig is pretty stock so he's not going to take us through anything crazy, and we will always help spot you anytime you need. only you can make the call, but IMO, you'd be fine! :) 

Sorry for the delay.

Yup! I’m on a 100% stock Rubicon suspension and factory A/T tires. I am skidded up though with a decent plate system. I’m not one to take unnecessary risk, and my Jeep is my daily driver.

That said, please don’t feel pressured! That said, there are a lot of veteran trail riders that will be with us on this run, so that makes me feel better. 

I’ve never run this trail system, so I can’t form an opinion on difficulty/wet challenges. We’ll all be experts on this trail tomorrow though! 🤓

If we come across anything impassable or dangerous, we’ll turn around for sure. If we find the trail is too tough, we can certainly opt for an alternative route.

I’m not the biggest fan of splitting up for safety reasons.

• Like 2

Thanks @theksmith and @4x4tographer I appreciate it. I am still at work now and will see what time I get out. Working in IT is so fun when things break!!  

donald duck laughing GIF

• Like 2

Well I'm getting off work later than I thought.  I'm not going to make it tomorrow.

mad tantrum GIF

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, shellback91 said:

Well I'm getting off work later than I thought.  I'm not going to make it tomorrow.

mad tantrum GIF

No problem man! We’ll catch ya on the next one!

• Like 1

Home safe! Thanks for coming out everyone! I hope ya’ll had a great time.

Photos coming soon!

• Like 3

We are home safe as well...   Thanks for leading a GREAT trail ride day Ryan...  ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

THANKS for a great run today Ryan!  You did a really great job, as usual!  I had a great time!

smiles, ladybug

ps- Mike...I looked it up before I forgot...google LOD jeep tire carrier. The brand name is LOD.  It has done well for me for the last 12 years.

• Like 1
  • Love 1