Sign in to follow this  
klaykrusher

Decent-local No Fee Checking Banks Around?

Looking for a decent local bank that offers no fee checking.

i've used bank of america happilly for like 15 years, but they hardly qualify as a "local bank".

you may want to check out my credit union, i think they have some free options and being a member of a credit union gets you discounts at some places (as well as they usually have the lowest loan rates compared to a "bank"): http://www.azcentralcu.org/personal_services/checking_accounts.html

I would look into Desert Schools FCU, I have been with them for 15 years and my folks have for 20+. I personally wouldn't do business with B of A unless I had to.

I'm really just looking for a place with free local checking without having to keep a large amount of money in a non-interest bearing account. Currently have BoA and I'm just getting nailed with fee's. I'll check these other ones out. Thanks guys.

I use Chase and it's free but its because my mortgage is with them too. Take a look at M&I Bank. My company uses them, and they offered us free checking back in the day if we have our check auto-depositited. d

My wife works at Chase, and she can get you free checking. Do you have direct deposit, and do you use debit card? She can help you with no minimum balance to keep. Also, if you go to the post office and get a "movers pak" there is a coupon for $125 to open an account. We have used all the major banks, and credit unions, had issues of different kinds. (convenience, fees, lack of service, you name it). Call her if you have questions. 480 890-5488 ask for Roxie. Mention the Offroad Passport Club so that she will know who you are.

I'm with both Desert Schools and Arizona Federal Credit Unions and they are both great. Service is better at AZ Fed.

Just put your money under your mattress and pay cash. It's free and convenient. George:cool::D

Money? What money? You mean you have to have money to write checks?:confused: