dzJeepChic

10/23 - 10/25/2020: Offroad Passport's 11th Annual Dirt Formal Gala: Near Cottonwood, AZ: 4x4 EZ: Improved Campground

2 minutes ago, Bradywgn71 said:

Got my 24 ft class C rented so no help needed to setup a tent :)  We'll be "glamping"

james franco eye roll GIF

• Haha 3

We've found a dispersed camp spot that all RV's should be fine getting into - even @ob1jeeper's giant motorcoach!

It's 30 minutes east of Camp Verde, just off AZ Hwy 260 on Forest Road 142H. I don't believe the Forest Road is signed with a number, so you'll need the map or GPS coords below.

• Google Maps link...

• GPS coordinates: 34.505833, -111.582222  
  • Alternate coordinates format: 34° 30.35' N, 111° 34.9333' W

This spot is currently bone dry but would be too muddy for RV's if it rains a ton the week before the event. Just in case, we have a backup location about 10 miles away, right off AZ Hwy 87. 

Here's a photo approaching the turnoff (road on the left) if you are coming from Camp Verde:

Screen Shot 2020-09-19 at 10.56.25 AM.png

Edited by theksmith
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I am thinking I might get there sometime Thursday afternoon and establish dominance in the spot so nobody else tries to take it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AZRNintheJeep242 said:

I am thinking I might get there sometime Thursday afternoon and establish dominance in the spot so nobody else tries to take it.

i think the @Bradywgn71s are coming up that that afternoon as well.

i plan to be up there crack-o-dawn on Thursday to lay claim for us. there are 2 to 3 large flat-ish areas within the first 1/2 mile before the road gets rough, so we should be ok.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, theksmith said:

i think the @Bradywgn71s are coming up that that afternoon as well.

i plan to be up there crack-o-dawn on Thursday to lay claim for us. there are 2 to 3 large flat-ish areas within the first 1/2 mile before the road gets rough, so we should be ok.

Cool. Then I will get there early afternoon.  Will stop and pick up a few bundles of firewood when I stop in Payson for groceries and what not.

Edited by AZRNintheJeep242

Michelle and I are kicking around the idea of coming up Thursday afternoon. Depends on how school rolls for the kids.

23 minutes ago, AZRNintheJeep242 said:

Cool. Then I will get there early afternoon.  Will stop and pick up a few bundles of firewood when I stop in Payson for groceries and what not.

i think Coconino is still on stage 1 fire restrictions...

We have an entire small trailer full of fire wood to bring; I sure hope they lift those fire restrictions before then!!

We had a bit of (unexpected) rain up here today. Came from the Rim area.  Cross your fingers for more rain to lift the restrictions.

• Like 1