March Madness 2020 was like no other March Madness so far. The Covid-19 shut-downs and grocery shortages effected us quite a bit, as did the rain! George and I drove to Kingman on Tuesday, but it rained all that night, so we bailed on Wednesday, Day 1, on Home Court, and did our visiting and things instead. But then the rain just kept on coming down, on into Wednesday night. So we bailed on Thursday, Day 2, on Safelite.

Finally, we began to see some clearing in the forecast, so we made it to Friday, Day 3, on the Wedges trail. 

GsHQYGxUGPfoM43PY2yorPq6miPehpwQ4MmWYwe3

Waiting in line at the 1st obstacle, see how wet the trail was. It was hard to stay on your line over the obstacles.

j8hIss6z-7UW6uTdJkGFZ-_K7_brGFaEYGq2iddI

Not even to the 1st obstacle when it started to rain. And then it rained off and on all day. I hardly got any pictures because I was trying to stay dry in the Jeep.

xX7e5TpSeIfLJKcH7d5U4ajBWpad6SW_X1S7yOSO

HG77Z5nWa0UHkTljBOSttuPRNtOK0hjoXdcqtALw

L9GEmGmI0tslx_Y8S1L7Ez2mAHJ2Z-lvs5-jkufv

Saturday, Day 4, Serendipity trail. At the air-down, we kind of divided into 2 groups; a faster group, who all wanted to get to the end of the trail, and a group who didn't care how far they got. We went with the first group, and George was the first Jeep over the gatekeeper obstacle. Creampuff did really well. We stayed at the first obstacle watching the other rigs come up it until suddenly George noticed that our group had already gone. So we took off up the wash to try to catch them. We probably got about halfway to them when all of a sudden BAM! - HISSSSSSSSSS! George didn't notice a sharp outcropping of rock, and drove the driver front tire right into it! We sustained about a 4" slash in the sidewall. So we changed the tire and headed home, because you can't wheel without a spare. 🥺 And so Serendipity trail will remain G's nemesis; he still has not made it to the top.

fzzy-UF1IDYjDWqEPymxYQe9louCxYDUTR4_AoqG

0ls3k4UKbIgsRLLVyE6xECXRFA4aPrAaWD_xXjkc

PxeOYCDdN6kQb9flZ-EciTvIXPkmu-ysH-vnIdew

X9wJ4HkwTIikoDFwnYRP8Qj7zj2bodh2VRV2EuzE

4_ljdSBN9yxo5a8fjIrlJ4wqUr46DVUEJvO63ZM6

IPQACkEYzgQBvRqowgqMyLoQLeO15iF3Fuclsvv6

97n7zjluXLOCV08M_wxR_uMkxc42oINl333Xcrad

89785138_10221447798927345_4248483328811 

All my (few) pics here: Diane's Pics

It was a great trip regardless of the weather. We enjoyed getting out of here and we got to visit with my mom. It was really fun to see all our friends and laugh about not shaking hands and such.  I was especially pleased that I was not driving when we blew out the tire, so now I don't have to hear about how I screwed up for the next year or two. 😉

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

Dang Serendipity bites again..

bites GIF

• Haha 1

Great photos.  Looks like some tough wheeling!