Sign in to follow this  
GOTMTNS

Woods Canyon Lake in the pouring rain

Hulkster and I decided to go fishing today and got into a huge storm up at Woods Canyon. We ended up being one of only 3 groups that tried to stick out the storm, but after getting soaked to the bone and actually having to buy shirts at the bait shop we headed down to the Tonto. Rain followed us down the hill and then a couple stopped and told me that there had been two mudslides between Tonto Village and Star Valley. We ended up having to take the back roads from the Tonto Creek to Payson and the mix of the clay mud roads and the fact that we only took my 2wd Ram with no wieght in the bed made for some fun at first :D. Was a great day and you can't beat 53 degrees at 3pm this time of year in Arizona.

DSC04147.jpg

DSC04160.jpg

DSC04157.jpg

NewImage.jpg

DSC04158.jpg

shelter.jpg

Nice Dan, Thanks for posting the pictures. It was a great Day! Nice to get out of the Valley

Did you guys catch any fish? George:cool:

none... well i did grab that dead one out of the Tonto... but I dont think that counts.

Brr! Always fun to get rained out unexpectedly. You're out there in 50 degree weather dressed for 100 degree weather. Glad you had fun anyways and made it home safe & sound. d :rolleyes:

sounds like a my kinda fun, glad you guys took it all in stride!

i love all those lakes up in that area, woods canyon, bear canyon, knoll, chevelon, blue ridge res, haven't made it to black canyon yet though.

sounds like a my kinda fun, glad you guys took it all in stride!

i love all those lakes up in that area, woods canyon, bear canyon, knoll, chevelon, blue ridge res, haven't made it to black canyon yet though.

It was a lot of fun, plus thats what makes the trips memorable.

Thinking Knoll with the boat next month, I have only fished from shore there. Glad we didn't have the boat with yesterday though :eek:.

yeah it was kind of funny watching all of those little trolling motors trying to race off the lake though with all the lightning that was there!