4x4tographer

CANCELLED: Casner Mountain Trail - Permit Interest (JUL/AUG/SEP/OCT)

Posted (edited)

***UPDATE***

USFS changed the RSVP date to 2 days prior after this thread was started. I completely missed the change and never called. Sorry guys!

===========Original Thread============

Hello! 

Ever since I saw @Bradywgn71 reminiscing about the Casner Mountain Trail on social media, I can't stop thinking about my own trip up the mountain - it was amazing.

I'm planning to shoot for a 2020 permit to get a group to go. However, there is no guarantee we'll get one.

The USFS only allots 22 permits per year, limited to 10 vehicles per permit - that means Casner is one of the most exclusive trails around!

The goal of this post is to get 10 interested vehicles lined up, with a backup list.

Due to the nature of the permit process, the run would occur sometime between July 27 and October 11.

The USFS has changed the way they do the permit process. Groups with less than 10 vehicles will be asked to merge with other groups to ensure as many people as possible can use the trail. This is the reason I'm soliciting for 9 additional participants up front.

From the USFS website:

For the 2020 permit season:  

1. Reservations begin March 2, 8:30 a.m. for reserving permit weeks 1-11 (May 11 to July 26)  ***this period has passed as of the time of this post***
  2. The 2nd date is May 20, 8:30 a.m. for reserving permit weeks 12-22 (July 27 to Oct. 11)
  3. NEW! Potential permittees may be asked to add additional vehicles to their permit date if they don’t have the maximum number of 10 vehicles already. (Last year three small groups were matched with larger permit holders) This year a “waiting list” method will be tried for this season as well. (With the permittees permission, a person who wants to go on a specific weekend will get their contact information to arrange being added. The goal being to get as many people up on the mountain as possible.)

I plan to be first on the phone for the 2nd round of permits. I'm setting like 20 alarms and bells and whistles! I'm sure I won't be the only one calling!

Trail Information:

Steep inclines, moderate off-camber, shelf roads

Vehicle Requirements:

High clearance, 4 low, A/T or M/T tires. Locker or limited slip recommended.

1 - 4x4tographer

2 - @Bradywgn71

3 - @johnpa

4 - @JeepUniq

5 - @SlyDawg

6 - @AZRNintheJeep242

7 - @SonoranWanderer

8 - @Eugene

9 - @squinko

10 - 

Standby List:

1 - @theksmith

2 - @ob1jeeper & @Ladybug

Edited by 4x4tographer
  • Thanks 1

C6ttHtp.jpg

bI2Hk2t.jpg

HGC2Xro.jpg

sqWkgYc.jpg

• Thanks 1

thanks for doing this Ryan!

please put me on standby. i'm definitely in, if there's room - but i'd like to leave the spots open for others first since i've already done this once before.

• Like 1

We are interested. Only conflict we have is July 20 to July 27th. 

• Like 1

Johnpa is in

• Like 1

Please put me down for this.

Thanks

• Like 1

Please add me to the list.

• Like 1

Count me in on this please

• Like 1

I am interested, please add me.

• Like 1

Thanks, Ryan! Please add me to the list.

Mike

• Like 1