Sign in to follow this  
4x4tographer

CANCELLED: Casner Mountain Trail - Permit Interest (JUL/AUG/SEP/OCT)

Add us to the standby list, as we may have a scheduling conflict if the permit happens for early-mid July or the 3rd week of September... ;)

• Like 1

Smiles!  Its on my list to try to get the permit as well!  I'll be aiming for a Saturday in September...maybe one of us can get it this year!  I tried last year, but trust me, you have to be right on top of this on that day to call...I was only 2 hours late and all the permits were gone.  I will give credit to Mike with NFS who offered to merge me with another group, and offered quite a few times before I said to move onto the next person on his list...I'm glad we're on standby for your permit...I'll let you know if I get one too, and then we can compare dates and maybe pick the best one... Good luck to both of us....we'll probably need it!

lol!

smiles, karen

Oh by the way, not sure if you saw on facebook that Nena Barlow was out with NFS a few weeks back to try to clear a big boulder off the trail....They ended up building up the trail around that boulder.

• Like 1

I would love to do this trail. Please add me to the list if there is room. 

Thanks, 

Benny 

• Like 1

On 5/8/2020 at 11:40 AM, Ladybug said:

Smiles!  Its on my list to try to get the permit as well!  I'll be aiming for a Saturday in September...maybe one of us can get it this year!  I tried last year, but trust me, you have to be right on top of this on that day to call...I was only 2 hours late and all the permits were gone.  I will give credit to Mike with NFS who offered to merge me with another group, and offered quite a few times before I said to move onto the next person on his list...I'm glad we're on standby for your permit...I'll let you know if I get one too, and then we can compare dates and maybe pick the best one... Good luck to both of us....we'll probably need it!

lol!

smiles, karen

Oh by the way, not sure if you saw on facebook that Nena Barlow was out with NFS a few weeks back to try to clear a big boulder off the trail....They ended up building up the trail around that boulder.

Hopefully Ryan or others had better luck than Karen did.   All permits were gone by the time she got anyone to answer the phone ...   

• Sad 1

AWWWWW MAAAAAAAN! 🤬

They charged the darn RSVP date on us! It was originally listed as 5/20. I checked a cached version of the site than they made a change sometime after 4/30.

I'm sorry guys, I completely missed it. I never thought they'd go in a change the date after the fact... I guess there's always 2021!

1248948642_ScreenShot2020-05-18at5_00_15PM.png.b3f2201ef1dc04ebc87288e80a60acdb.png

Thanks for trying!!!!!!!

• Like 1

sneaky FS - thanks anyway Ryan!

• Like 1

Bummer to hear about the sneaky business they pulled. There's always next year!

• Like 1

Just a heads up that we should get a few of us to try to get this permit during the call time?  There are only 11 permits per season, and I've tried for 2 years without success.  Maybe one of you technical guys can do robo-calling or something to get through?  I call each year at exactly the time, and have yet to succeed.

BTW Ryan - get on Mike's (at Forest Service) email list...that's how I was notified of the call date correction...Sorry I didn't know that you didn't know ....

smiles, ladybug

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ladybug said:

Just a heads up that we should get a few of us to try to get this permit during the call time?  There are only 11 permits per season, and I've tried for 2 years without success.  Maybe one of you technical guys can do robo-calling or something to get through?  I call each year at exactly the time, and have yet to succeed.

BTW Ryan - get on Mike's (at Forest Service) email list...that's how I was notified of the call date correction...Sorry I didn't know that you didn't know ....

smiles, ladybug

haha we have a year to plan our next attack!

Thats cool that there is a mailing list. Do you know how to get onto it? Do I just call and ask for Mike?

Thanks @Ladybug!