shellback91

Jeep Wrangler V8 392 Rubicon

Saw this today while on the interwebs.  Looks like a concept for a Wrangler V8 392 Rubicon. I saw the Eco Diesel Rubicon was going for 65k or so, wonder how much this one will be if they even build it.

Edited by shellback91
  • Like 1

I was laughing my butt off over the Jeep marketing team trolling the Ford Bronco in their teaser spot for it. 😁

• Haha 3

Jeep reps have said before that though the V8s fit into the JK, they never offered that because it didn't leave enough room for crumple zones and would fail safety tests... is the JL/JT engine bay that different?

i'm thinking they will announce an official swap kit for the JL/JT (motor mounts, wiring, etc.) to work with their Mopar crate 6.4 and/or 5.7 engines - that offloads liability onto the installer and bypasses the EPA (CAFE) and safety regs that govern new vehicle sales.

an official Mopar V8 swap kit would still be an exciting prospect since i'm sure you'd see quite a few dealerships offering brand new rigs with it pre-installed. i'd think a new dealer warrantied Hemi JLUR would easily fetch $85k though!

Edited by theksmith
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, theksmith said:

looks like it's really going into production: https://media.fcanorthamerica.com/newsrelease.do?id=22320&mid=4

I WANT ONE!  😁  But as they say "want in one hand and :poop: in the other and see which fills faster"...  LMFAO!

Edited by Trail Toy
  • Like 1

Wow.  I suspect they won't have a hard time selling them no matter what the price premium is.  😮

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, gearhead said:

Wow.  I suspect they won't have a hard time selling them no matter what the price premium is.  😮

I might actually consider selling various body parts to afford one of those... 🤣

• Haha 1

2021-jeep-wrangler-rubicon-392-139-16055

official specs are out: https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a34671109/2021-jeep-wrangler-rubicon-392-specs-revealed/

confirmed powered by the powered by the 392 (6.4-liter) - 0 to 60 mph in 4.5 seconds, quarter-mile in 13.0 seconds - steering wheel paddle shifters included. available on Rubicon trim only, they beefed up the frame and some other areas to handle the power/weight, and it sits 1" taller than a normal Rubicon

the most surprising part IMO, it supposedly "will go on sale in the U.S. early next year and should cost just under $50,000".

with the frame/axle changes as well as engine weight, i wonder how much heavier overall it is and therefore how well it will handle in a rock garden?

Edited by theksmith

14 hours ago, gearhead said:

I saw on the JL Wrangler Forums that some "insider" expects the price of a V8 Rubicon to be north of $65K before you add any options. 🤑

• Wow 1

5 minutes ago, 4x4tographer said:

I saw on the JL Wrangler Forums that some "insider" expects the price of a V8 Rubicon to be north of $65K before you add any options. 🤑

that sounds much more realistic since i think even the current Rubicon goes for over $50k fully loaded.

• Thanks 1