GRUNT

Is the New Bronco a GOAT?

Posted (edited)

Is the new Ford Bronco going to be the GOAT of wheeling? Some of these options seem pretty nice.

New Ford Bronco

Edited by GRUNT
Autocorrect hates me.

Posted (edited)

i dig the overall look and the 10 speed trans. i hope they put the Raptor engine in a special edition of it eventually!

they will sell a ton and they are coming hard for Jeep's slice of the market with all the standard features and options (factory 35's!).

it seems like a hybrid of a 4Runner (IFS) and a Jeep (removable top/doors). most people that buy Jeeps don't use them to their capabilities and would probably rather have the comfortable ride of the IFS. hard core offroaders will stick with Jeeps for the solid front axle. 

i don't really have a good idea of how it compares size wise though, the 4runner has gotten rather bulky in recent generations - i'd like to see a shot of the 4 door version next to a JLU.

also, competition is good for consumers! Jeep had recently announced several upgrades to their entire JL/JT lineup that seemed targeted at keeping up with the Bronco's anticipated features.

Edited by theksmith
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, theksmith said:

i don't really have a good idea of how it compares size wise though, the 4runner has gotten rather bulky in recent generations - i'd like to see a shot of the 4 door version next to a JLU.

Saw this video this morning - they do a side by side "graphical" size comparison. TLDR, the 4dr Bronco is a few inches wider and longer than the JLU.

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/videos/bronco-vs-wrangler-comparing-young-gun-with-old-faithful/

Edited by 4x4tographer
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Did anyone put in a deposit yet? :)

I'm a fan of the boxy look and digging those accessory mounts.

Maybe it is me, but Jeep has been doing this for along time. Give the Ford 70 years and see how it compares.

qfOjbm9.jpg

• Haha 3

So I came across an excellent and very detailed article comparing the Bronco to the current-gen Wrangler. Caution, it’s a loooong read, but worth it.

• Like 1

On 7/14/2020 at 6:21 AM, theksmith said:

JhGsO62.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Notice they didn't even use a Rubicon for comparison. It is probably a sport model.

• Like 2