shellback91

Shellback's Rubi

those rails look nice - functional as steps and still much better protection (and better looking) than "nerf bars"!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, shellback91 said:

I finally got my "Angled Down" Sliders/Rails/Steps from  Rock Hard 4X4 so my Rubi Rails are off and set aside for now. My wife is short and needs a boost to get in so these should help her out.  The step only hangs down a little past the rail. I am not into rock crawling so I think I should be good.

Install wasn't as easy as the folks on the you tubes and even the vendor made it look of course. 🤣 I did have to drill out a few of the pinch seam holes to round them out/make room. That is mentioned in the instructions a possibility so it was no big deal.  The sliders use a bigger "bolt" through the pinch seam holes than stock is why, it also helps with the alignment a little.  There were a few other challenges with the install,  body bolts  and "washers" that were kind of expected.

parts.thumb.jpg.e7ede0d960c210fc2f7b19fa55bd7d1a.jpg

IMG_0134.thumb.JPG.1e078d9315a31af31e28fd36d038a077.JPG

IMG_0131.thumb.JPG.71cf1e16e2189b0dc799f05aa8ce3a54.JPG

IMG_0133.thumb.JPG.6fbc2769264de550c84d4209dafd59f9.JPG

Those look great man! Rock Hard makes some awesome stuff for sure.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, shellback91 said:

parts.thumb.jpg.e7ede0d960c210fc2f7b19fa55bd7d1a.jpg

Those came out really awesome, they look great. Glad somebody's looking out for us short people. I gotta ask, where did you get that moving blanket? (If that's what it is). Looks like it's from U-Haul? Is it old/antique? It's way cool!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, 4x4tographer said:

Those look great man! Rock Hard makes some awesome stuff for sure.

Thanks Ryan, and thanks for the recommendation I forgot to mention it in the post. ☹️ 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, dzJeepChic said:

Those came out really awesome, they look great. Glad somebody's looking out for us short people. I gotta ask, where did you get that moving blanket? (If that's what it is). Looks like it's from U-Haul? Is it old/antique? It's way cool!

Thanks! That is an old U-Haul blanket I acquired somewhere at some point in time that I cannot recall. 🤣 

• Like 2

I purchased a Samsung Tab A 8.4 (2020) with cellular capabilities to use for navigation among other things.  I do not intend to put it on my cell plan because I do not need that to navigate. For mounting I purchased a RAM Mount from OC Mounts . I would have bought directly from RAM Mounts but the shipping was almost as much as the mount. I also bought an AMPS Plate and a medium Carbon Fiber Arm from 67 Designs. I planned ahead when I bought my base a while ago and purchased the dual ball mount for something like this.  Now its a matter of finding the right spot by some trial and error so I can see it and so it's out of the way of my HAM radio.  Now it's time to get out out on a trail and see how good it holds in place. 

1692595017_RAMMOUNT1(2).jpg.8f484dee305c5e02b8a18e33d0fbed32.jpg

1861506632_RAMMOUNT.thumb.jpg.7c9b615ccc82bf8843b72002152603bd.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Looks like some big-screen-goodness going on there. Super interested in seeing how that holds up on the washboards.

I think @theksmith has a similar sized tablet mounted on his driver-side a-pillar. Just not sure exactly how he did it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 4x4tographer said:

Looks like some big-screen-goodness going on there. Super interested in seeing how that holds up on the washboards.

I think @theksmith has a similar sized tablet mounted on his driver-side a-pillar. Just not sure exactly how he did it.

I need the big screen because my eye balls are failing me  lately. Getting old is hell! 🤣 My phone screen is too small for the detail I'd like to see so I went this route.  I am hoping it holds up. If it's too loose I can get a "tether" AKA a big ass rubber band from RAM Mount that tightens the grip. I do know my phone mount arm tends to drop down some when I'm wheeling. Because of that finding a spot for this where it won't move on washboards/bumps in general and stay outta the way will be fun.

• Like 1

My XG Cargo Gama Sportsbar Storage Bags  that I ordered In December were delivered after being on back order for a little bit. Installing the bracket on the roll bar was an adventure.  The top part that mounts using the existing bolt was a major PITA to get lined up, it's a JK hard top thing. 😆

They are removable, however, I think that would be more work than it's worth  considering what it takes to get them on there in the first place.  Overall I am happy with them because it will cut back on one bag I normally drag along.  I put my snatch strap & soft shackles in one so those items can stay in the Jeep. I am working through what I am going to stuff in the other one.

1531810792_storagebag1.thumb.jpg.da386de01c42a2441481055a0faadb2d.jpg

762532715_storagebag2.thumb.jpg.fb278f238736106e7a795a85e3115552.jpg

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, shellback91 said:

My XG Cargo Gama Sportsbar Storage Bags  that I ordered In December were delivered after being on back order for a little bit. Installing the bracket on the roll bar was an adventure.  The top part that mounts using the existing bolt was a major PITA to get lined up, it's a JK hard top thing. 😆

They are removable, however, I think that would be more work than it's worth  considering what it takes to get them on there in the first place.  Overall I am happy with them because it will cut back on one bag I normally drag along.  I put my snatch strap & soft shackles in one so those items can stay in the Jeep. I am working through what I am going to stuff in the other one.

I really dig those man, it's a clever use of otherwise useless space. I didn't realize they came with a metal frame - I was wondering if they'd just flop about, but they look like they're not going anywhere!

The molle webbing is nice too. If you find you need for a "grab-and-go" type of deal, they make some pretty decent sized tear-away molle pouches. 

• Like 1