shellback91

Shellback's Rubi

To clean up another potential issue when flexing I  installed an Emergency Brake Line Relocation Bracket from Rugged Ridge.  This should give those lines a little more play and it keeps them tied down securely.

Edited by shellback91
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, shellback91 said:

To clean up another potential issue when flexing I  installed an Emergency Brake Line Relocation Bracket from Rugged Ridge.  This should give those lines a little more play and it keeps them tied down securely.

20210416_134209.thumb.jpg.cd82832a1e36835d83185bcbb63ebc0e.jpg

Thanks Marty (sarc), now I'm going to have to crawl under and check mine 🤔

• Haha 1

Looking good man! It’s all coming together!

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Stacey and Scott said:

Thanks Marty (sarc), now I'm going to have to crawl under and check mine 🤔

Sorry? 😀

• Haha 1

On 4/10/2021 at 4:24 PM, shellback91 said:

I think I may have a name for my rig, I am leaning towards Betty Lou. There a song by Bob Seger called "Betty Lou's Getting out Tonight" that I like and that name just seems fitting for her. 🤔 Now on to the fun stuff.

Betty Lou seems like a fine name!

On 4/10/2021 at 4:24 PM, shellback91 said:

I checked after a few days of driving to see how the new shocks were doing. I wanted to see if they needed to be snugged up after "settling" in. Rears and front driver were good, front passenger shock was a little loose. I could easily turn the shock body by hand  so it needed addressed. I managed to get my hands on a BFK  to re-trim the bottom of the battery tray where it gets in the way so I could get in there better. I also got my mitts on on a BFW  to I can grab the shock body and hold it without damaging it.  The knife worked awesome and so did the wrench.  Passenger side is snug and I gave the driver side front a little adjustment for good measure. They should both be good to go.

• Like 2

Big thanks to @4x4tographer again for helping me out with some suspension work,  I would also like to thank him and @Yodamom for letting me invade their garage and for feeding me pizza, I appreciate both.

Here is what we did.

We installed Metalcloak's 2"  Front Universal Adjustable Bump-Stop System and 2" Rear Universal Adjustable Bump-Stop System of which we only used one puck for 1" of "padding".  With the front bumpstops and the jounce I'll get about 2 1/4" of padding which should prevent bottoming out my shocks.

The rear appears to be good with just 1", I can add the other pad if needed. We also replaced the OEM Jounces with a full set of Metalcloak's  JK/JL Wrangler DuroSpring Replacement Bump Stops. Those were a joy to install and gave us a workout! 😆 Looking forward to getting out on the trail and see how they do.

Front jounce and bumpstop set.

35856731_Front1.thumb.jpg.d1b8d39c17a46876e4ec23cf08555d9c.jpg

Rear jounce and bumpstop set.

Reaer.thumb.jpg.3ebc754b895ac34e60aa5f5d3ace28d5.jpg

Better view of the front jounce .

Jounce.thumb.jpg.e01e48c332c0f1e1184c8cd7f39e501f.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Trail Toy said:

Lets test out your rig tomorrow, sign up for my run! 😁

John Cusack Film GIF

Thanks dude, I'd go but I have other plans unfortunately.

14 hours ago, shellback91 said:

Front jounce and bumpstop set.

35856731_Front1.thumb.jpg.d1b8d39c17a46876e4ec23cf08555d9c.jpg

Happy to help man! 

Looking at that ride-height shot of the front, you might need to remove one puck on each side. It’s possible you might get into the bump pretty quick on higher-speed runs. Won’t really know until we get you flexed out and see how much up-travel you still have on the shock.

On mine I was hitting the new durosprings just coming out of my driveway (literally just a 1/2” gap between the extensions and the durospring bump stop). Ended up popping my 4” extensions out and cutting them in half (after I had to pull both stinkin’ coils out again). 

Lucky for you, you can just pull the pucks out between the springs without removing them! 

It’s one of those “try and see” things, unfortunately!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 4x4tographer said:

Happy to help man! 

Looking at that ride-height shot of the front, you might need to remove one puck on each side. It’s possible you might get into the bump pretty quick on higher-speed runs. Won’t really know until we get you flexed out and see how much up-travel you still have on the shock.

On mine I was hitting the new durosprings just coming out of my driveway (literally just a 1/2” gap between the extensions and the durospring bump stop). Ended up popping my 4” extensions out and cutting them in half (after I had to pull both stinkin’ coils out again). 

Lucky for you, you can just pull the pucks out between the springs without removing them! 

It’s one of those “try and see” things, unfortunately!

You may be be right, we shall see after testing it out. They are about 1" longer than stock at rest and about a 1/4" longer compressed, that needs to be added into the equation too. Adjustments are part of the fun of doing this stuff.  🙂

I have not run into them yet and I have been mildly "testing"  driving around. Nothing hits coming in or out of the driveway  or when I hit the dips in the neighborhood that I noticed. 

• Like 1