shellback91

Shellback's Rubi

5 hours ago, shellback91 said:

I looked at those too, did you find it locally? I found a couple of places that carry them here in the valley, but I was in a hurry yesterday after it died and went to the closest place I knew had one of the ones I settled on. Lets see how the Duralast does this round and I may try that one out next time.

Not that I'm a big fan of 4 wheel parts but they're the only ones I found locally that carry them on the shelf.

• Thanks 1

On 6/26/2021 at 1:59 PM, Stacey and Scott said:

Not that I'm a big fan of 4 wheel parts but they're the only ones I found locally that carry them on the shelf.

Interesting that you would say that, I wonder if your experience has been different than mine? I do try to shop to local vs. the industry giants, but we have had quite a bit of work done at our local 4 wheel parts store in mesa, and have been happy with their work, and even their prices every time. I'm pretty picky, and am the first to let you know if I get bad service, but 4 wheel parts has been awesome. 

1 hour ago, dzJeepChic said:

Interesting that you would say that, I wonder if your experience has been different than mine? I do try to shop to local vs. the industry giants, but we have had quite a bit of work done at our local 4 wheel parts store in mesa, and have been happy with their work, and even their prices every time. I'm pretty picky, and am the first to let you know if I get bad service, but 4 wheel parts has been awesome. 

Used to use that store when we were on the East side and I agree with your assessment of them. It's the Glendale store I have issues with, commission sales staff that isn't shy about trying to oversell. It's just me.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I decided to buy GMRS radio and bit the bullet on the $70 license fee that we have to pay our overlords to use free airwaves. I went with a Wouxun KG-905G from Buy Two Way Radios. It is probably overkill for my use but go big or go home right? 🤪 It was only about $20 more than the KG-805G so I figured why not get the latest and greatest. I am not in a spot where I want a mounted radio so I went with a HT. I also bought a Nagoya NA-701G antenna to use instead of the one that comes with it.

The radio has 5 watts of TX power and a superheterodyne receiver instead of the radio on a chip that some radios have. It is dust proof and water resistant and feels like a solid radio. It has 8 preprogrammed repeater channels along with the 22 GMRS channels. It has all kinds of other features that can be found at the link I added.(Too many to list and some I will not use yet) I am going through settings & features to see what I need or do not need to have enabled.  I am going to get another external microphone/speaker for it because the one I have for my Baofeng is kinda jacked up. 

The next thing I need to do is to find a mounting solution. I am having a heck of a time getting a hold of @JeepUniq for some assistance to make sure I buy the right one.  Researching this part of the equation now.

Radio.png.fadd27b740b81640d52a549efa98f9fc.png

Antenna.png.e0d41a7612441a9ae9929d08ef6718da.png

Edited by shellback91
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

When @4x4tographer and I were doing my suspension work we found that my front drivers side sway bar link was loose. We also noticed the upper threads were a little jacked up. Overall the links and their bushings were old and tired. So today I replaced both front of my sway bar links which are actually the rears that get moved to the front when Jeeps get lifted. I also went with all new hardware for good measure.

I ordered my parts from Mopar Wholesale Parts in Avondale. Here's what I needed. I went with a torque setting of "Good & Tight" because I could not get my torque wrench where everything is.

2 Sway Bar Link Upper Nuts- Part #6512602AA

2 Rear Sway Bar Links- Part #52060011AB

2 Lower Nuts- Part #6104718AA

2 Lower Bolts- Part #6104242AA

Old vs New.Nice and shiny, for now. 😀

20210721_165232.thumb.jpg.399ce04f0b126a8963123342e23545df.jpg

Ready to roll.

20210721_170423.thumb.jpg.d5be78c6a6c1d0e128c0e777a5b6ad83.jpg

Edited by shellback91
  • Like 4

On 7/13/2021 at 10:29 AM, shellback91 said:

I decided to buy GMRS radio and bit the bullet on the $70 license fee that we have to pay our overlords to use free airwaves. I went with a Wouxun KG-905G from Buy Two Way Radios. It is probably overkill for my use but go big or go home right? 🤪 It was only about $20 more than the KG-805G so I figured why not get the latest and greatest. I am not in a spot where I want a mounted radio so I went with a HT. I also bought a Nagoya NA-701G antenna to use instead of the one that comes with it.

The radio has 5 watts of TX power and a superheterodyne receiver instead of the radio on a chip that some radios have. It is dust proof and water resistant and feels like a solid radio. It has 8 preprogrammed repeater channels along with the 22 GMRS channels. It has all kinds of other features that can be found at the link I added.(Too many to list and some I will not use yet) I am going through settings & features to see what I need or do not need to have enabled.  I am going to get another external microphone/speaker for it because the one I have for my Baofeng is kinda jacked up. 

The next thing I need to do is to find a mounting solution. I am having a heck of a time getting a hold of @JeepUniq for some assistance to make sure I buy the right one.  Researching this part of the equation now.

Radio.png.fadd27b740b81640d52a549efa98f9fc.png

Antenna.png.e0d41a7612441a9ae9929d08ef6718da.png

were you able to get a hold of @JeepUniq

2 hours ago, theksmith said:

were you able to get a hold of @JeepUniq

Yes sir, his Spam Filter was eating legit emails he said. It happens where I work too and we have to chase the emails down for users so I get it. That's the good news, bad news is they don't make a rail tall enough for my radio.  I may have a solution but have to noodle it through a little. The solution, if it works, may be ghetto/hoke so we shall see. 😀

Edited by shellback91
  • Like 1