shellback91

Shellback's Rubi

1 hour ago, 4x4tographer said:

I keep forgetting to ask you - but how are these bags holding up? Any new thoughts after 1 year of ownership and use?

They are holding up nicely and I am really happy with them. I see no wear or tear on them at all and they stay in place with no rattling.

I can keep my "non-perishable" miscellaneous tools, recovery gear and other extra items in my rig and organized. A bonus is that by having the misc stuff in the rig makes loading for a run or unloading afterwards a lot less work. I'd definitely recommend them should someone be looking at getting them.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, shellback91 said:

They are holding up nicely and I am really happy with them. I see no wear or tear on them at all and they stay in place with no rattling.

I can keep my "non-perishable" miscellaneous tools, recovery gear and other extra items in my rig and organized. A bonus is that by having the misc stuff in the rig makes loading for a run or unloading afterwards a lot less work. I'd definitely recommend them should someone be looking at getting them.

We're running the same bags, totally agree with you. They are a great use of wasted space

• Like 2

5 hours ago, shellback91 said:

22 minutes ago, Stacey and Scott said:

We're running the same bags, totally agree with you. They are a great use of wasted space

Thats good to know they're holding up! Next time I see you guys I'll have to take a peek! 

I was getting curious as I'm looking to maybe re-do my organizational stuff. Somehow I keep accumulating more and more items and I'm out of good places to stash it all.

• Like 1

Got a 30' kinetic rope in one and all kinds-o-bits& pieces in the other.

• Like 2

Betty Lou needed a good cleaning inside and and out after the last few years of playing in the dust and mud. I found Summit Mobile Detailing, who are based in Surprise, and decided to go with them. It's a husband and wife team that operate the business, I am not sure of their complete service area unfortunately. They are super friendly and have good rates, they even offer a veteran's discount which I wound up giving back in a tip. They offer all the usual detailing services that one can think of.

I am in the 4th year of a 6 year ceramic coating so all she needed was a good wash, no buffing etc.. They managed to clean all the dirt and dust out of all the crevices inside which made me happy. I'm old, fat and not as bendy as I used to be so I often miss those areas. I may want to do something about all the pinstripes at some point but not anytime soon. They are not visible when looking straight on, just at angles.  I would have to justify in my mind spending money to do that knowing I would eventually replace them. 🙂

detail2.thumb.jpg.a7fdbda61b0c51d826ec01def5c6b19f.jpg

detail1.thumb.jpg.6eb52ea2b2f2e8583b2256215a18cbf3.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 2

My rig got a name tag. 🤣  I am not quite sure how I feel about the pin up girl on the ends yet.  It came out crisp and legible so I am not quite sure what's bugging me about it but she aint going anywhere for now.

20220513_131835.thumb.jpg.2e99ac7b016aa23cf7b8f89abb253b0c.jpg

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

you should change the pin-up girl to be about 2 ft tall and right on top center of the hood!

Edited by theksmith
  • Haha 2

Just now, theksmith said:

you should change the pin-up girl to be about 2 ft tall and right on top center of the hood!

now there's an idea that will get me some sleeping on the couch time, i like it though! 🤣

• Haha 3