Jump to content
shellback91

Shellback's Rubi

Recommended Posts

you should change the pin-up girl to be about 2 ft tall and right on top center of the hood!

Edited by theksmith
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, theksmith said:

you should change the pin-up girl to be about 2 ft tall and right on top center of the hood!

now there's an idea that will get me some sleeping on the couch time, i like it though! 🤣

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Marty, found your tire cover!

 

351557683_babyyodatirecover.jpg.3c70875c6d464d5e814bb4f126715806.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Curly said:

Marty, found your tire cover!

 

351557683_babyyodatirecover.jpg.3c70875c6d464d5e814bb4f126715806.jpg

That's awesome! 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not really any mods for Betty Lou but I got us some gadgets for trail runs and some for camping.

 

I pulled the trigger and bought me a MORRFlate Quad hose set up with an integrated digital gauge for convenience during airing back up. I did not want to chop up my Smittybilt hoses so I could have them available and intact should I, or anyone, ever need them. I also bought a  MORRFlate Extension hose with the Smittybilt fitting on one end. I like to have my compressor on the ground and probably could have reached with just an adapter they sell, but having the extension helps keep tension off the hoses.  I did an air down and air up in the driveway and I am very happy with it. The hoses do not kink up, are good quality and the gauge is accurate and easy to read. I especially like the way it equalizes the PSI between the four corners. I left the hoses connected while I stowed the pump, by the time I was done everything had evened out.  You can air down with this set up too but I will continue to use my Stauns for that.

 

 

I have been struggling with my big ol' Wal-Mart water jug that I take camping. It is nice and does the job somewhat, but it is a little too big/cumbersome and it takes up extra space.  @4x4tographer pointed me to where he got his water container which I appreciated. Frontrunner sells a plastic 5 Gallon Jerry Can style water container with a plastic tap. This tap is on the bottom and "out of the way".  The threads on the can are  3/4" NPT style threads.  I found a brass 1/4 turn hose bibb valve in my hoard that fits this can nicely so I swapped them out.  Bonus is that it is still "out of the way".  I also bought a 5' Stainless Steel Garden Hose for this set up to which I'll attach a nozzle. This will help with washing dishes and what not.

 

Edited by shellback91
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I took my rig down to Joe's shop yesterday to have them install a Metalcloak HD Jeep Steering Kit with the Billet Stabilizer mount.  I have noticed in the short trips I have taken since then then the steering is more responsive, aka touchy, which will take some getting used too.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/7/2023 at 10:53 AM, shellback91 said:

I took my rig down to Joe's shop yesterday to have them install a Metalcloak HD Jeep Steering Kit with the Billet Stabilizer mount.  I have noticed in the short trips I have taken since then then the steering is more responsive, aka touchy, which will take some getting used too.

I added this post too soon so I will finish my thought here. I just got back from vacation and my brain is not back home yet is my excuse.  😃

 

I like the set up overall. The new Steering Stabilizer is now located on top and out of the way. All the parts are pretty beefy and the stabilizer mount is nicely designed.  I just need to get used to the responsiveness/touchiness. There is a little maintenance involved with the parts that need grease,  but that is easily done during an oil change since I am already under the Jeep. I am looking forward to getting out the trail with this new set up.

 

 

 

Edited by shellback91
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s awesome! Big beef steering now.

 

Probably feels responsive since you’re on parts that aren’t completely shot 😁

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I decided to upgrade my air compressor game recently. My Smittybilt compressor still works great, I just needed something to work better with my quad hose kit. I decided to go with the MORRFlate TenSix compressor that goes with the MORRFlate Quad Hose Kit I purchased a while ago.  This compressor was designed/updated with the quad hose kit in mind. I tested it out yesterday and I like the results. The compressor gets hot of course as do the stainless steel fittings. Nothing unexpected, just have to wear gloves which I normally do. 

843706312_aircomp.thumb.PNG.14e78da9fbc6f8d2c3d673ff1ccf8045.PNG

  • Like 4
  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shellback91 said:

I decided to upgrade my air compressor game recently. My Smittybilt compressor still works great, I just needed something to work better with my quad hose kit. I decided to go with the MORRFlate TenSix compressor that goes with the MORRFlate Quad Hose Kit I purchased a while ago.  This compressor was designed/updated with the quad hose kit in mind. I tested it out yesterday and I like the results. The compressor gets hot of course as do the stainless steel fittings. Nothing unexpected, just have to wear gloves which I normally do. 

843706312_aircomp.thumb.PNG.14e78da9fbc6f8d2c3d673ff1ccf8045.PNG


Very nice!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...