4x4tographer

15AUG2020 - CK to Senator to Poland Trail near Prescott, AZ

Had a great day today trying to escape the 116 temps in the Phoenix Valley with a day trip up through the Prescott NF by way of Crown King Road, the Senator Highway and Poland Road. We were able to get the mercury down to about 89 when we topped out at 7,300-ish feet on Poland Road.

Got to hang out with @CAVU2 and @gearhead again and we were joined by a pair of new Jeepers from my local neighborhood Jeep group in Vistancia.

Total trail length was about 68 miles and we were on the dirt for just about 8 hours.

Ju3RxpI.png

We climbed into Crown King And ran into a HUUUUGE group of SxSs that were doing a poker run. Crazy amount of traffic. We took the old Senator Highway north and connected up with Poland Road near Mount Union, one of the tallest mountains in the area. There was a nice little technical area on Poland Road that was pretty fun and I’d highly recommend this little trail - great views!

On our way out we took a very brief walk to check out the Walker Tunnel, which was once part of Murphy's Impossible Railroad that moved supplies and ore from between Prescott and the Crown King Mine.

bFdnkpr.jpg

Uik8Z7t.jpg

ebPvINz.jpg

GQ5386A.jpg

OgpKic9.jpg

gJmUcul.jpg

Ds6qvgf.jpg

8JH90wE.jpg

gX3rrEM.jpg

YoKye15.jpg

naKcGAy.jpg

79u1FDo.jpg

EuDCi3a.jpg

w9Nypzj.jpg

1FSACM9.jpg

Edited by 4x4tographer
  • Like 6

Love the pictures Ryan! Glad you got a nice little group together for this.

• Thanks 1

Cool pics...  Thanks for sharing... ;)

• Thanks 1