dzJeepChic

10/13 - 10/18/20 Rocktoberfest 2020 - Kingman, AZ

ACtC-3dUeEG7wpEpzTqBut7NXa-_-RZqQDCahoJo

Photo of Number 7 on Serendipity gatekeeper 

Neither rain, nor virus nor protest shall prevent this event.

Meet: 8AM Daily (8:30 departure) at Kingman Powerhouse Visitor Center (MAP)

Peripheral events may or may not take place dependent upon circumstances in October.

All runs are 3.5- to-5 on a five-point scale.

Minimum 33-inch tires, lockers, high clearance and rocker and corner guards recommended.

Rocktoberfest run schedule:
Oct. 13, Candy Ass and Jackass
Oct. 14, Hard Ass
Oct. 15. Sucker Punch
Oct. 16, Home Court
Oct. 17, Safelite Plus + Rocktoberfest Meet & Greet starts at 4PM in Golden Valley.
Oct. 18, Secret Pass
All runs are Grade 4 on a 5-point scale, except Secret Pass. It's a 2.
Well, I kinda think Candy Ass is a 3.5...
Every one of these runs except our closer, Secret Pass, has an obstacle you can't do.
Be ready! Lockers, roll bars and armor (or willingness to accept body damage) are mandatory!
We will preview each run individually between now and Oct. 12.

Photo: @Maddogjeeper on Cow Creek Trail Rocktoberfest 2019

MM2018-3.JPG

George and I will be there for the entire event.  Let us know if you're able to make it for all or part of the fun!!

Edited by dzJeepChic
  • Like 1

I would like to be added to the list for the whole event.  Where do folks stay? (camping, RV, hotel, etc.) 

Thanks. 

• Like 1

@squinko we got an airbnb, a lot of people get airbnbs, hotels, etc. Some people camp, and if you decide to go that route we can show you areas for that. There's no actual sign up, but on Facebook, if you like the group 'Rocks and Wheels (RAW)' you can click that you're attending, and get the updates and discussion.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for putting up the event here, Diane. I am still messing around with my flight and whether your administration will let me in or not.

• Sad 2

On 8/26/2020 at 5:09 AM, squinko said:

I would like to be added to the list for the whole event.

We had registrations before on my website, but cancelled that now. Just show up and you are good to go.

• Like 1

@ChrisD I hope they let you in! What a mess, huh.

• Like 1

Still feeling out my new set up & thinking about running a couple easier trails trying to avoid Breakmyass pass or do the windshield damage trail in Wayne's World

DAE46874-C484-4D11-95A9-D59A4279479E.thumb.jpeg.a4ad9446776825f5a1ad81a9c551487d.jpeg 

just got a new windshield the other day

1A19C49B-6A79-4800-8621-7A285F64FCE2.thumb.jpeg.c61abd6900cfe02133d38e4eacc1b40c.jpeg

Has Serendipity gotten worse since I was there last?

Suggestions appreciated..

Edited by scottL
  • Like 1

@scottL The list of trails is above - not running serendipity. But it is about the same as last time you ran it. You'll have to get your redemption another time. Hard is the trail where I almost broke my rear driver side window.

any idea which of the trails would be least likely to cause body damage for a 4 door rig like @scottL's and mine (besides Secret Pass) ...or are they all equally gnarly?

@stockjeep, @ChrisD, @Number7

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, theksmith said:

any idea which of the trails would be least likely to cause body damage for a 4 door rig like @scottL's and mine (besides Secret Pass) ...or are they all equally gnarly?

@stockjeep, @ChrisD, @Number7

You could do Candy Ass, but not Jack Ass. Jack Ass is very narrow and you are ripping off your hard top. I did Hard Ass, but you would have a lot of scratching and some tricky spots. I would not recommend it. HomeCourt should also be ok. There are 2 or 3 bailouts, if it is getting too much. And Safelite Plus is an extension of Safelite, which goes to the Hualapai Lodge. It has a lot of bypasses and you could still go out that normal shelf road, if the plus section is too washed out. We also talked about Black Inky as an option, which would also be ok, in my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1