4x4tographer

11/21/2020: Back Way to Crown King, 4x4 Moderate-Difficult

Please add us to the list.  Thanks

Proud Of You Yes GIF

• Haha 2

Stand-by for us. If we get the XJ back and it's behaving we can do it

• Like 1

Curious if 1 tank of gas is enough for this trip or if it's a good idea to top off in Crown King?  Ryan, not sure if it matters but we changed our display name to "Trail Toy" and wasn't sure if you need to update that on the sign up list?

Edited by Trail Toy

Remove us from standby. Xj is good but hubby needs garage time on WJ project

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Trail Toy said:

Curious if 1 tank of gas is enough for this trip or if it's a good idea to top off in Crown King?  Is anyone else gonna have their kids with them?  Ryan, not sure if it matters but we changed our display name to "Trail Toy" and wasn't sure if you need to update that on the sign up list?

Hey Jason - 1 tank is plenty - but I'd show up with a full tank. I normally top off at the Circle K in V-Town before I leave and it's plenty for the full day. Granted I have a more efficient 8 speed, but I normally am back home with 1/3 tank to spare.

Because I'm a preparedness nut, I generally have an emergency 5gal jerry can with me. Worst case, there's fuel at the top, but it's 'spensive.

I'll be rolling solo for the day - Michelle has a bunch of Girl Scout stuff on Sat.

• Thanks 1

@Trail Toy you should be fine on gas - even in my old gas guzzling WJ, i was able to top-off before the run and make it all the way back into town no problem!

• Like 2

Looking forward to seeing ya’ll on Saturday!

Here’s an early look at the forecast for Saturday in CK.

It’ll be 55 degrees at the meet up location near Lake Pleasant at 7am.

The area has a very slight chance of rain over the next 72 hours, but I don’t think it’ll translate to much.  It if it does that’ll cut down on the dust!

CK forecast:

6FHdMjS.jpg

3 hours ago, 4x4tographer said:

Hey Jason - 1 tank is plenty - but I'd show up with a full tank. I normally top off at the Circle K in V-Town before I leave and it's plenty for the full day. Granted I have a more efficient 8 speed, but I normally am back home with 1/3 tank to spare.

Because I'm a preparedness nut, I generally have an emergency 5gal jerry can with me. Worst case, there's fuel at the top, but it's 'spensive.

I'll be rolling solo for the day - Michelle has a bunch of Girl Scout stuff on Sat.

I figured one full tank would be good, just wanted to make sure, I will have a full 2 gallon gas can with me just in case.

I'll be solo as well, although Sarah really wants to go the kids aren't really into it and our 3 ankle biters would be left home all day by themselves.  Ankle biters home all day alone translate to us cleaning :poop: off the floor inside the house and stinking the place up, not a good thing...  🤢

• Like 1

gotta bail on this, Gadget apparently would rather me spend my weekend fixing her instead of wheeling :(

• Sad 3

2 hours ago, theksmith said:

gotta bail on this, Gadget apparently would rather me spend my weekend fixing her instead of wheeling :(

Aw that sucks. Good luck with the repairs! 

• Like 1