Jump to content
4x4tographer

11/21/2020: Back Way to Crown King, 4x4 Moderate-Difficult

Recommended Posts

Please add us to the list.  Thanks

      Proud Of You Yes GIF

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stand-by for us. If we get the XJ back and it's behaving we can do it

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Curious if 1 tank of gas is enough for this trip or if it's a good idea to top off in Crown King?  Ryan, not sure if it matters but we changed our display name to "Trail Toy" and wasn't sure if you need to update that on the sign up list?

Edited by Trail Toy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remove us from standby. Xj is good but hubby needs garage time on WJ project

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Trail Toy said:

Curious if 1 tank of gas is enough for this trip or if it's a good idea to top off in Crown King?  Is anyone else gonna have their kids with them?  Ryan, not sure if it matters but we changed our display name to "Trail Toy" and wasn't sure if you need to update that on the sign up list?

 

Hey Jason - 1 tank is plenty - but I'd show up with a full tank. I normally top off at the Circle K in V-Town before I leave and it's plenty for the full day. Granted I have a more efficient 8 speed, but I normally am back home with 1/3 tank to spare.

 

Because I'm a preparedness nut, I generally have an emergency 5gal jerry can with me. Worst case, there's fuel at the top, but it's 'spensive.

 

I'll be rolling solo for the day - Michelle has a bunch of Girl Scout stuff on Sat.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Trail Toy you should be fine on gas - even in my old gas guzzling WJ, i was able to top-off before the run and make it all the way back into town no problem!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking forward to seeing ya’ll on Saturday!

 

Here’s an early look at the forecast for Saturday in CK.

 

It’ll be 55 degrees at the meet up location near Lake Pleasant at 7am.

 

The area has a very slight chance of rain over the next 72 hours, but I don’t think it’ll translate to much.  It if it does that’ll cut down on the dust!
 

CK forecast:

6FHdMjS.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 4x4tographer said:

 

Hey Jason - 1 tank is plenty - but I'd show up with a full tank. I normally top off at the Circle K in V-Town before I leave and it's plenty for the full day. Granted I have a more efficient 8 speed, but I normally am back home with 1/3 tank to spare.

 

Because I'm a preparedness nut, I generally have an emergency 5gal jerry can with me. Worst case, there's fuel at the top, but it's 'spensive.

 

I'll be rolling solo for the day - Michelle has a bunch of Girl Scout stuff on Sat.

 

I figured one full tank would be good, just wanted to make sure, I will have a full 2 gallon gas can with me just in case.

 

I'll be solo as well, although Sarah really wants to go the kids aren't really into it and our 3 ankle biters would be left home all day by themselves.  Ankle biters home all day alone translate to us cleaning :poop: off the floor inside the house and stinking the place up, not a good thing...  🤢

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

gotta bail on this, Gadget apparently would rather me spend my weekend fixing her instead of wheeling :(

  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, theksmith said:

gotta bail on this, Gadget apparently would rather me spend my weekend fixing her instead of wheeling :(


Aw that sucks. Good luck with the repairs! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...