Surfy

Meet or chat with other Travellers abroad

vanlife-overlanding-connect-meet-andere-

In the distant foreign country it would be nice to see which traveler is also nearby. Be it to chat briefly about the easiest border crossing, security situation, visa situation or just to have a beer together and spend a sociable evening.

Something like that is missing, discovered two travelers on their tour in the Stans and Iran and after their trip they developed the appropriate app: Travelers Map (iOS; Android)

In times of the ever-extensive mobile Internet with 3G / 4G - you might find support in the event of a breakdown or similar.

In the app itself, after creating the account, you will be displayed rather imprecisely, in a 10km radius (not centered on you), for your own safety and so that your camp does not increase unintentionally. The app only activates the GPS briefly every 3 hours and is therefore not particularly power hungry.

If you record each other as favorites, you can also share the location more precisely.

Currently, more Vanlife users seem to be using the whole thing, most users are in France, Germany and Switzerland - but the app is also brand new. But you can tag you too as biker, and too looking just for these.

Click here for the review: https://www.4x4tripping.com/2020/08/vanlife-overlanding-andere-reisende-treffen.html

There is a translate Button to the right.

As soon as it gets more remote, outside the travel season, in distant countries, whether I'm traveling alone or with my girlfriend - something like that was really missing - and we will certainly use the app on the next long-term trip (Silk Road) from time to time.

What do you think? Why I didnt had that idea by my own - was my first one! 

andere-reisende-treffen-meetup-other-tra

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Surfy said:

In the app itself, after creating the account, you will be displayed rather imprecisely, in a 10km radius (not centered on you), for your own safety and so that your camp does not increase unintentionally. The app only activates the GPS briefly every 3 hours and is therefore not particularly power hungry.

If you record each other as favorites, you can also share the location more precisely.

Currently, more Vanlife users seem to be using the whole thing, most users are in France, Germany and Switzerland - but the app is also brand new. But you can tag you too as biker, and too looking just for these.

Thank you for sharing! This is a super cool find! Downloaded and scanned through Arizona and there's definitely no users here - but its a really clever idea for networking with people you might not have otherwise met.

I like the fact that it updates every 3 hours within 10KM accuracy from a security perspective.

• Like 1

At home I`m searching usually nature, quiteness and beeing lonely for shorter tripps. But on extended travelling after 5-10 days in just nature and dont meetup other people, this app will be very nice to connect. 

Hope that the users will grow fast international!

Surfy