Sign in to follow this  
4x4tographer

Wrangler 4xE & Wagoneer Reveal

Wow, FCA needs to watch some Apple keynote videos or something, this was putting me to sleep and so I just skimmed it.

IMO the Wagoneer is a fugly boring design that's too much like a Ford or Chevy SUV. There's nothing really "Jeep" about it... and that grille is hideous! It's like a pretentious Durango and should not be under the Jeep brand at all.

I know most lifted Jeep owners have nothing nice to say about a Hybrid Wrangler, but I'm excited about things moving that way. There's no denying the advantages of instant torque! I'm glad they went "hybrid" for range instead of trying to do an all electric version. It seems like there's no regenerative braking to replenish the batteries, which is a shame if true - that would make it more like an electric and gas rig smooshed together instead of a traditional hybrid.

thanks for posting Ryan!

Edited by theksmith
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, theksmith said:

Wow, FCA needs to watch some Apple keynote videos or something, this was putting me to sleep and so I just skimmed it.

IMO the Wagoneer is a fugly boring design that's too much like a Ford or Chevy SUV. There's nothing really "Jeep" about it... and that grille is hideous! It's like a pretentious Durango and should not be under the Jeep brand at all.

I know most lifted Jeep owners have nothing nice to say about a Hybrid Wrangler, but I'm excited about things moving that way. There's no denying the advantages of instant torque! I'm glad they went "hybrid" for range instead of trying to do an all electric version. It seems like there's no regenerative braking to replenish the batteries, which is a shame if true - that would make it more like an electric and gas rig smooshed together instead of a traditional hybrid.

thanks for posting Ryan!

11 hours ago, theksmith said:

FWIW:   THE best sellers ALWAYS evoke passionate responses...  Whether positive or negative...    Hopefully, for the sake of my retirement check, there will be sufficient numbers of positive responses, to keep me fed...   ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

As the owner of a FSJ, I can tell you the Facebook FSJ groups are going nuts about the new Waggy, and not in a good way. No one likes it.  I agree with that, it just looks like any other bar of soap on wheels. Nothing special besides an old name brought back.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Curly said:

As the owner of a FSJ, I can tell you the Facebook FSJ groups are going nuts about the new Waggy, and not in a good way. No one likes it.  I agree with that, it just looks like any other bar of soap on wheels. Nothing special besides an old name brought back.

Perhaps a clarification is in order for the naysayers.  It's about the target market...

IE:   When the former Grand Wagoner ended production in the early 1990's, and for MOST of the previous 20 years until it went to pasture, it was marketed to a significantly different market than what it debuted as, and additionally this market is a drastically different than the bulk of current FSJ owners, who are mostly focussed on either modifying them to suit thier personal tastes, or because the iron is hot for FSJ's at the moment, some are and continue to be totally refurbished as an investment, just like the original Bronco's, etc. are today.

A look at the advertising starting with the "Super Wagoneer" of 1966, and ramping up into the '70's and continuing the trend until the end of production, clearly depicts the lifestyle of the upper 5% of wage earners of those times.  IE: the target market.   This new iteration getting it's first unveiling is IMHO, NO different.   I'm willing to make a sizeable bet with any that care to, that it is going to be marketed to the same "top 5% of wage earning" market segment, with the difference being that the top 5% wage earners when the former Grand Wagon went to pasture, was in the $100K range...  Today's "top 5 % earners" are making a minimum of $250K annually.  And like the days of old, these new GW's will SELDOM (if ever) see any offroading (unless it's a gravel driveway), as these folks are seeking a more refined, luxurious means of occassionally towing the boat, or the horse trailer, vacationing with the family, and other similar pursuits, but in as posh and comfortable a surroundings as they can afford.

YMHO...   YMMV... ;)

Edited by ob1jeeper
  • Like 1