4x4tographer

House Mountain & Return From House Mountain: 10/10/2020

Had a great time with the ORP crew today checking out House Mountain and an alternative "back way" down from the peak that we called The Return From House Mountain (dun dunnn DUNNNNNN!). MASSIVE THANKS to everyone that came out! I hope you had a great time, and it was great seeing some old faces and meeting some new ones too!

Attendees:

1 - 4x4tographer (lead)

2 - @theksmith

3 - @gearhead

4 - @Curly

5 - @shellback91

6 - @Eugene

7 - @KtroubleA

8 - @REDROCK TONIHAWK

Route Overview:

Red - Our trail up and back

Purple - Optional "back way" back home, that I've dubbed Return from House Mountain (copyright 4x4tographer all rights and bacon reserved).

5kqTkYB.jpg

Weather was gorgeous, with the peak sitting at around 70 degrees with a nice breeze while we were up there. Things started to heat up a touch as the day pressed on. We spent about an hour at the peak, taking in the sight of the Red Rocks and the wind. A few took a short jaunt up to the "house" of rock at the peak to see what they could see.

5tM6hJt.jpg

jujzStR.jpg

SOBlE59.jpg

p2ogrfA.jpg

We then took a quick side trail to grab some slightly different views and found there was enough space for a full line up!

EQFpA5t.jpg

cloWlL1.jpg

26FLeMR.jpgCbohYkD.jpg

We then took the "alternative" route down from the mountain. Largely pretty easy and well-traveled. There were a few moderate sections (about 3) that required some careful tire placement. The sketchiest area actually had a by-pass. It appeared that the local ranchers were doing some work on some waterlines here and there. On the whole, the route was fairly fast moving.

All in all - a great day on the trail!

Edited by 4x4tographer
  • Like 2

Looks like a fun and scenic day! Great pictures, thank you for sharing them!

Thanks to @4x4tographer for leading this run!  I'm glad that @theksmith was able to go on my short but interesting bonus run.  I decided to air up under the shade of the covered parking at the church ⛪ at the end of the dirt road.   While I was doing so a priest walked by and asked if my jeep was a diesel or just really noisy.......no joke!  🤪

• Haha 3

@4x4tographer  Ryan, I grabbed a couple of your pics of barbie and shared them on FB. I hope you don't mind.  Nice shots btw.

• Like 1

My wife took some pictures too, thought I'd share a few.

Another picture of the rigs

IMG_0496.thumb.JPG.c4210f804118c3cc9bee4048cba12053.JPG

some scenery and what not. 🙂 

IMG_0447.thumb.JPG.0c773c37d65a529ff199b605646ed55c.JPG

IMG_0461.thumb.JPG.34f5b6438e18a65a1919e4636cbdce2d.JPGIMG_0456.thumb.JPG.39544b3dc6cea89b0638643b6401a94d.JPG

Edited by shellback91
  • Like 2
  • Wow 1

42 minutes ago, Curly said:

@4x4tographer  Ryan, I grabbed a couple of your pics of barbie and shared them on FB. I hope you don't mind.  Nice shots btw.

Of course! Share away!

1 hour ago, theksmith said:

nice shots @4x4tographer & @shellback91 !

1 hour ago, theksmith said:

nice shots @4x4tographer & @shellback91 !

Thanks @theksmith
but I can't take full credit, Mrs. Shellback91 (Stephanie) took those. I only transported her up there.😁

@4x4tographer
pictures are nice shots as always!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1