Sign in to follow this  
dzJeepChic

Open to All: Feb 18 - 20, 2011 Mojave Road AKA Kit Carson Trail 4x4 Easy Tent Camping

I took I-10 to the California 95 which a neat kinda moonscape drive. Sorta gets you in the mood

Things are looking better scheduling-wise. It looks like that's going to be a 4 day weekend for me.

im still in the hunt for fuel cans to take. i have 2 5gal jerry cans, thinking of taking one more? is that overkill? reason is, is that i made the switch to a 4.7 commander. and this can sucks gas like no ones business! :)

well... i guess the last thing im wondering is... is it too early to ask about how and when everyones getting out there to afton camping ground? im coming from kansas. so i was thinking of going out to barstow early to try and rest up before heading out there. but i would much rather head down to arizona and follow people out there?

im actually looking at google maps and planning things out. so if i were to head to arizona? what town should i be heading towards so that i could possibly meat up with anyone when they leave?

looking forward to meeting you all...

I plan on being at the campground the day before, the 17th. So if you end up there early, I will be there. I couldnt find anyone to drive down with, so I am just gonna take an extra day of and camp an extra day.

We are in Lake Havasu City, about 20 miles off of the I40. It's about 200 miles or so to Barstow, and Home of the London Bridge. We're probably going to go with the 'day early' group. Consider a stop in Lake Havasu, the group can't get to California without coming within 20 miles of us south or north the I10 south of us, the I40 north of us.

WalMart, Kmart, KFC....

how much extra gas is anyone bringing? i have a 4.7 commander. and i was thinking of bringing 15gal extra? i used to carry 10gal when i had my tj? sadly, i think my commander holds less then my wj did? but i would think having an extra tanks worth oughta cover it right?

just trying to break everything down that i need to take along.

how much extra gas is anyone bringing? i have a 4.7 commander. and i was thinking of bringing 15gal extra? i used to carry 10gal when i had my tj? sadly, i think my commander holds less then my wj did? but i would think having an extra tanks worth oughta cover it right?

just trying to break everything down that i need to take along.

10 gal is plenty, I wiil bring 5gal. George:cool::D

Is gas available at Avi?

Is gas available at Avi?

Yes the avi has a gas station and you can buy Fuel, Beer .Smokes and fireworks there :D I will be staying sunday night at the Avi.. rooms are $21 per night ....and all you can eat buffet is $10.99 so a great price to eat shower and sleep after the trail and head back to Phoenix monday morning :)

Is gas available at Avi?

Yes.