Sign in to follow this  
dzJeepChic

Open to All: Feb 18 - 20, 2011 Mojave Road AKA Kit Carson Trail 4x4 Easy Tent Camping

Added you to standby. Still trying to figure out if the 'Un-confirmed' folks are in or not, but I'll let you know ASAP if there's enough room. d :rolleyes:

Thank You ! Enjoy your day

Pat Lucy and I am still coming

Thank You ! Enjoy your day

I see there is no longer a standby list and we are listed under the main group now.. Does that mean we made ? i do hope so.

:D

I see there is no longer a standby list and we are listed under the main group now.. Does that mean we made ? i do hope so.

:D

Yes, everybody who was on stand by is offically in. d

Our trip is about a week away, so please check and service your rig. Is your battery more then three years old? If so might want to replace it. If your rig has more than 75k might want to buy a spare idler pully and a spare unit bearing and some u-joints. Bring a tire repair kit some tools and fluids. I will have a welder with me in case somebody breaks a mount. See you all in camp! George :cool:

echoing george's thoughts on getting ready to go soon...

- make sure you have $5.00 for the permit fee (per vehicle), and $6.00 exact change for the self-pay at the Afton Canyon Campground (for the first night).

- make sure you have a way to pack out your poo (toilet of some type/wag-bags/sealing container)

- bring plenty of water, there is none available once we leave afton canyon campground (and of course food and such, there are no Circle-K's on the Mojave Road)

- bring a little extra gas, (4 bangers need very little, V-8 guys with lead foots need more)

- be prepared for cold, wind, and even possibly some scattered showers. weather for the area here: http://www.weather.com/outlook/recreation/outdoors/tenday/CANPMO:13

- bring some firewood if you have the space

one other tip, if you are sleeping in a tent, make sure you bring plenty of stakes and guy-lines, it can get very windy at times in the preserve and if you're tent isn't guy'd out well, it will keep you up all night shaking and flapping!

WOOHOOO 1 more week!

one other tip, if you are sleeping in a tent, make sure you bring plenty of stakes and guy-lines, it can get very windy at times in the preserve and if you're tent isn't guy'd out well, it will keep you up all night shaking and flapping!

Which is exactly why I will have a a mismatched camper on my truck haha!

Our trip is about a week away, so please check and service your rig. Is your battery more then three years old? If so might want to replace it. If your rig has more than 75k might want to buy a spare idler pully and a spare unit bearing and some u-joints. Bring a tire repair kit some tools and fluids. I will have a welder with me in case somebody breaks a mount. See you all in camp! George :cool:

uhghhh embarrasing newb question.. I know what the idler pully is, and the u-joints.. but what is a unit bearing. Are those also connected to the u-joints? And I dont have these on hand already, so I guess Napa wouldhave to do since they are for emergency anyways..