Sign in to follow this  
dzJeepChic

Open to All: Feb 18 - 20, 2011 Mojave Road AKA Kit Carson Trail 4x4 Easy Tent Camping

I've been asked by several people about caravanning from PHX Friday; but since I'm leaving Thursday I won't be organizing this. Anyone from the PHX area want to? d :rolleyes:

If you are still running a standby list, please put me down. I will be checking as the date gets closer.

Thanks - doug

If you are still running a standby list, please put me down. I will be checking as the date gets closer.

Thanks - doug

I'll add you to 'Attending', I think there's room. d :rolleyes:

Just to be on the super cautious side, I ordered a rebuilt CV half-shaft from NAPA today. It should be here Wednesday. I've never changed one, and don't expect to have to, but just in case. I downloaded the FSM and hope that you mechanical geniuses can assist in the worst case senario.

Just to be on the super cautious side, I ordered a rebuilt CV half-shaft from NAPA today. It should be here Wednesday. I've never changed one, and don't expect to have to, but just in case. I downloaded the FSM and hope that you mechanical geniuses can assist in the worst case senario.

I have your back! Thanks for being proactive. George:cool::D:D:D

If you have a printer - please print and fill out the waiver & emergency form here and bring it with you:

http://www.offroadpassport.com/forum/showthread.php?t=966

We will have some on-hand, but it will get everyone on the trail faster if you can have it ready when you show up.

Also, please fill this out again even if you have done so before - the form has changed. Thank you!

Crazy question... What is everyone going to be driving, so I know who to park by at Afton Canyon?:smile-big: here's me:

img2889mq.jpg

i say we all start filling in the back and work our way towards the entrance, and it would be great if people could share "spots" depending on the size of their party and parking needs, as i don't think there's enough completely individual areas for every vehicle (see here): http://maps.google.com/maps?q=afton+canyon+campground&ie=UTF8&hl=en&hq=Afton+Canyon+Campground&hnear=Afton+Canyon+Campground,+Newberry+Springs,+San+Bernardino,+California&ll=35.039067,-116.38298&spn=0.003878,0.004206&t=h&z=18

i'll probably not be there till 5pm-ish friday.

Crazy question... What is everyone going to be driving, so I know who to park by at Afton

and i'll of course be in big black birtha (look for a less shiney, more battle-scared version of this):

P1090653.JPG

i packed my bag today, will of course still need to load entire jeep on thursday night, but at least the clothes are packed already!

i say we all start filling in the back and work our way towards the entrance, and it would be great if people could share "spots" depending on the size of their party and parking needs, as i don't think there's enough completely individual areas for every vehicle (see here): http://maps.google.com/maps?q=afton+canyon+campground&ie=UTF8&hl=en&hq=Afton+Canyon+Campground&hnear=Afton+Canyon+Campground,+Newberry+Springs,+San+Bernardino,+California&ll=35.039067,-116.38298&spn=0.003878,0.004206&t=h&z=18.

We'd be glad to share a campsite.

i'll probably not be there till 5pm-ish friday.

Probably about the same time for us, maybe a litle earlier if I get Friday off.

Can't future out how to post pix on my iPad? But Im shooting to out there @ 11ish? I'll be in a silver commander with a Thule overhead cargo box. I've got a kcjeepclub and Offroad passport banner on the back of it. Also, I'll be with my dad and 2 English bulldogs...

I'm either coming from Vegas or Barstow? I was looking on google maps. Is there a gas station close by the exit? Coming from Vegas I saw one that was closer? Just wanted to double check?

Also, I assume in getting there? As far as the campground is concerned? Are they individual spots or something? I might try and get out there earlier?

See u guys out there :)