Sign in to follow this  
dzJeepChic

Open to All: Feb 18 - 20, 2011 Mojave Road AKA Kit Carson Trail 4x4 Easy Tent Camping

I just found a crack in my tire carrier which also happens to be my fuel can holder (two five gallon) so i had to remove it and put the stock one back on .....My question is i only have a 2 gallon gas can that will fit inside the jeep do you all think that will be enough ?? i get about 15 miles per gallon with a 19 gallon tank with the trail being 140 miles ...i should be ok with 2 extra gallons ??

John, I think you'll probably be fine. Even if it's not enough somebody is bound to have extra they'll sell or give you. Don't worry, we won't leave you out there. d :rolleyes:

I am assuming I can make the trek with a full tank. However I am bringing 8 gal. So I will more than likely have extra, as will others.. I think this was mentioned a few pages back :)

Thanks D... im thinking i should be fine with the extra 2 gallons plus i will top off at that marine base . seems to be the closest to the Afton rd. :cool: See ya all on friday at the camp ground :D

I'm going to strap an extra 5 gal can on my trailer in case someone needs it.

• Like 1

I attached a GPS file with the Mohave road track and some points of interest (POIs). Any POI with a numeric value is a mine feature.

Enjoy! :)

Mohave.gpx

I'll have extra gas, not to worry.

Sorry folks. I've waited for this trip for months but this weekend just won't be fun for me and the wife in the desert. I'm bailing. If there is an alternate, call them up. Maybe next time...

Have a good trip and I'll be looking for pics!

Mike

Sorry folks. I've waited for this trip for months but this weekend just won't be fun for me and the wife in the desert. I'm bailing. If there is an alternate, call them up. Maybe next time...

Have a good trip and I'll be looking for pics!

Mike

Sorry to hear it, we were looking forward to meeting you guys. d

I'm bailing too. I've got the flu I think. Started feeling sick on Monday and was hoping it would pass, but it's not to be. :o

Enjoy!

I'm bailing too. I've got the flu I think. Started feeling sick on Monday and was hoping it would pass, but it's not to be. :o

Enjoy!

Aw, what a drag Goose! Definetely not a trip condusive to healing. We're going to miss you! d :rolleyes: