Sign in to follow this  
dzJeepChic

Open to All: Feb 18 - 20, 2011 Mojave Road AKA Kit Carson Trail 4x4 Easy Tent Camping

Back home with a down face and tail between my legs. I really hate bagging a run and especially when it includes a breakdown or something that did not need to happen.

MK

Made it home. Sorry that I didn't have a chance to say good bye to everyone either. Thanks for a great time, even with the wind last night!

You guys didnt make the run across the road? What happened?

Back home with a down face and tail between my legs. I really hate bagging a run and especially when it includes a breakdown or something that did not need to happen.

MK

Were you the red or grey Tacoma? What happened to the truck?

Well, I was right to not go.. scanned the truck this morning.. bad knock sensor... great..

You guys didnt make the run across the road? What happened?

We ended up deciding to bug out yesterday afternoon. Kristy was not feeling motivated after the lack of sleep due to the wind Friday (After further inspection, the tent fabric had holes in it from where the wind forced sand through it!) and wasn't ready for another night of possibly the same. being as how we only live an hour and a half from the Mojave Preserve, we thought we'd hit the eastern half of the trail when the weather is better (and we have a new tent).

We both really enjoyed meeting you! Sorry you had to head home too.

MK

Hey, crap happens, especially when you're off-road! It's a shame it happened but nobody got hurt!

We ended up deciding to bug out yesterday afternoon. Kristy was not feeling motivated after the lack of sleep due to the wind Friday (After further inspection, the tent fabric had holes in it from where the wind forced sand through it!) and wasn't ready for another night of possibly the same. being as how we only live an hour and a half from the Mojave Preserve, we thought we'd hit the eastern half of the trail when the weather is better (and we have a new tent).

We both really enjoyed meeting you! Sorry you had to head home too.

I see, sorry to hear that. Lemme know when you plan to go back. When my truck is repaired I will be anxious to go since I missed this one!

I see, sorry to hear that. Lemme know when you plan to go back. When my truck is repaired I will be anxious to go since I missed this one!

I'm thinking the end of April (but I'm not sure and will have to see what's going on). If I do, you're more that welcome to stay a night here... I swear it's safer than Barstow!

Ahh, showered and warm! The aquarious in laughlin is nice.

Thank you all for coming, hope to see everyone on another trip!

Got home around 8:15 PM. Hope you all get home safe.