Sign in to follow this  
dzJeepChic

Open to All: Feb 18 - 20, 2011 Mojave Road AKA Kit Carson Trail 4x4 Easy Tent Camping

Don't let the lack of a lift eliminate you from this trip with this great group of folks. This is one of the last great adventures left in our country.

I did this trip in my stock rubicon and used four wheel drive only once or twice the whole time. It is not a difficult trail at all but is amazingly scenic and historic. Plus you are doing it the good way west to east with Laughlin and the Colorado river awaiting you at the end of the dusty trail. It doesn't get any better than that!

I'm talking myself into it as I speak!

Here's a picture of the water crossing with a stock wrangler (not mine). This picture was taken memorial weekend. Don't know if water is higher in february

IMG_1471.jpg

I'm gunna have to think on it. I really don't wanna break something or flood the inside of my jeep out. Don't get much time to do anything with my work schedule.

Hey there,

I would be interested in coming. I am in Vancouver, Canada. How long a drive down is it?

Cheers,

Mark

Greetings,

It looks like it could be about 1000 miles from Vancouver to Barstow. I am looking into making the trip also, but have not signed up.

Welcome to the group. Nice people here.

Ok sounds good. Please keep updates coming.

Thanks

Mark

I'm gunna have to back out on another trip work denied my vacation time. Maybe ill be able to catch the next one. Good luck and have fun

I'd like to attend this trip - since this will be my first trip with Offroad Passport, what do I need to do to sign up?

Thanks!

Jon

I'd like to attend this trip - since this will be my first trip with Offroad Passport, what do I need to do to sign up?

Thanks!

Jon

Well, you just did! You simply post to the thread saying you want to sign up and we'll add you to the list.

d =)

Well, you just did! You simply post to the thread saying you want to sign up and we'll add you to the list.

d =)

Well, that was easy!!

This sounds like an awesome trip. I caught your post on the portal and thought I would chime in here. I have never been on a group trip, nor one as extreme. I will have to check vacation availability and also what I have to add for required tools/equipment etc. Also the truck could use a tune-up to make sure were running at 100%.

What would be the deadline to sign up?

I think Fuel cost would be my first issue with making it out, since I am coming from the Bay Area. Other than that I would prolly take the truck in to get serviced since its prolly time for that.

The great part about this trip is it would be liek the best birthday gift to myself ever! LOL. Last year I treated myself to Fraink Rhaines OHV in Patterson as it was my very first Off-Road trip. This would deff top that in an instent haha. My birthday falls on the 19th so we'd be mid trip!