Trail Toy

Proudly introducing "NO RAGRETS", before/after pics & more...

Before

noragretsbefore.jpg.3e4280ea9720a832f83072036ff2d620.jpg

After

noragrets.jpg.532679bf40035f7020d2138063f68935.jpg

Now before y'all start telling us about the misspelled "RAGRETS" there is reasoning behind it, lol!  If you are familiar with the movie "We're the Millers" there's a scene about "NO RAGRETS" we're sure you'll remember, for those not familiar or don't remember: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

looks great! and now i want to see that movie too!

We chose that name because the first couple weeks we had this Jeep we (mostly Sarah) did have some regrets about rushing into buying this Jeep.  Now that we've had our rig for a little over a month and upgraded it, quite a bit, things are much better.  The following list is all the upgrades we did.

285/70R17 Bridgestone Dueler Evo 3 tires

All new brake pads

All new lug nuts

Metal Cloak evap canister relocation kit 

Metal Cloak rear diff housing skid plate

Wild Boar front and rear door interior grab bars

Savadicar rear door roll bar grab handles

Front sway bar quick release pins

Smittybilt rock rails with step

Smittybilt fenders

Tyger stubby front bumper

Stegodon 9500lb rope winch

Topfire aluminum hood latches

BESKE steel front inner fender liners

Vouke LED headlights with halo

OEM style fog lights

Edited by Trail Toy
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, theksmith said:

looks great! and now i want to see that movie too!

We own that movie and it's hilarious! 

sounds like some great upgrades!

did it come with an aftermarket engine/trans skid already? if not, that's the only thing i see right off that you might want to get sooner than later.

Edited by theksmith

On 11/16/2020 at 3:35 PM, theksmith said:

sounds like some great upgrades!

did it come with an aftermarket engine/trans skid already? if not, that's the only thing i see right off that you might want to get sooner than later.

There were already OEM and after market skid plates for everything underneath, after market front drive shaft and a 4" Superlift lift kit already installed when we bought it.

Edited by Trail Toy
  • Like 1

Great name! I love that movie, and that's one of my favorite scenes in it, ya know what I'm sayin'.

18 minutes ago, dzJeepChic said:

Great name! I love that movie, and that's one of my favorite scenes in it, ya know what I'm sayin'.

🤣

Here's our license plate

plate.jpg.001c02c3294cd5b0cbb0354448c98b6a.jpg

• Like 2

Did a post CK run inspection and the only thing I found was a couple/few scratches on the gas tank skid plate from skidding on the very last obstacle.  @lofreqjeff noticed some drippings on the front diff coming from the engine bay during the run, @4x4tographer and I were looking around to see where it was coming from while airing up just before hitting the I17 to head home and couldn't really pin point where it was coming from.  During my inspection I discovered it was coolant, the radiator overflow tank has a spigot right above that area and all the bouncing and thrashing around on the trail was causing coolant in the tank to slosh around and spill out of the spigot every once in a while.  The tank is still about half full but I can tell it's not as full as a couple weeks ago as a result of the sloshing and spillage.   

Applied some decals after completing the inspection.

20201123_113542.jpg.230223db2149d161b76bb52af8a77cce.jpg

20201123_113558.jpg.ed5c2cb7620cf4713c60f5660e80b65e.jpg

Edited by Trail Toy
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Trail Toy said:

Did a post CK run inspection and the only thing I found was a couple/few scratches on the gas tank skid plate from skidding on the very last obstacle.  @lofreqjeff noticed some drippings on the front diff coming from the engine bay during the run, @4x4tographer and I were looking around to see where it was coming from while airing up just before hitting the I17 to head home and couldn't really pin point where it was coming from.  During my inspection I discovered it was coolant, the radiator overflow tank has a spigot right above that area and all the bouncing and thrashing around on the trail was causing coolant in the tank to slosh around and spill out of the spigot every once in a while.  The tank is still about half full but I can tell it's not as full as a couple weeks ago as a result of the sloshing and spillage.   

Installed some decals after completing the inspection.

20201123_113542.jpg.230223db2149d161b76bb52af8a77cce.jpg

20201123_113558.jpg.ed5c2cb7620cf4713c60f5660e80b65e.jpg

if i fill my overflow coolant tank much above the "MIN" marker, then it will always spill some as soon as i go wheeling - doesn't ever seem to lose enough to be a problem though.

• Like 1