Trail Toy

Proudly introducing "NO RAGRETS", before/after pics & more...

After replacing the overflow tank for the third time, I've come to the conclusion that the design (flange in channel), well.. sucks. It allows for a lot of slop resulting in the tanks rocking to and fro. The first two tanks (factory) started to weep in the place along the molding line a bit above the half way point. Solution: a heavy zip wrapped around the tank near the top to hold it solid (sorry, no pics right now. At work)

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

5 hours ago, Stacey and Scott said:

After replacing the overflow tank for the third time, I've come to the conclusion that the design (flange in channel), well.. sucks. It allows for a lot of slop resulting in the tanks rocking to and fro. The first two tanks (factory) started to weep in the place along the molding line a bit above the half way point. Solution: a heavy zip wrapped around the tank near the top to hold it solid (sorry, no pics right now. At work)

Thanks for that info, good to know.  I'll check that out on mine and zip tie it as well to help keep it from moving if it has slop and also make sure there's no cracking.

1 hour ago, Trail Toy said:

Thanks for that info, good to know.  I'll check that out on mine and zip tie it as well to help keep it from moving if it has slop and also make sure there's no cracking.

We'll be on the run this weekend, visual is better than my poor descriptive skill's

1 hour ago, Stacey and Scott said:

We'll be on the run this weekend, visual is better than my poor descriptive skill's

Actually your descriptive skills are spot on, I knew exactly what you meant. 😀

• Like 1

So glad I didn't take my floor jack our of my rig before the camping trip we went on yesterday.  We camped up by Horseshoe Reservoir and decided to check out a couple trails, one was short and really easy, the other, not so much.  After heading up the 2nd trail for about 10-15 mins, if that, we noticed it was getting very narrow with steep drop offs so we decided not to continue on.  Had to back down this trail for a minute or two before finding a spot to back into and turn around.  When pulling forward to head back down the passenger front tire hit something which ripped a hole in the sidewall, bummer, these tires only have about 500-600 miles on them.  Got down to a flat spot and changed out the spare in no time.  Now I'll be heading out in a few mins to buy a new tire...  🙄

tire1.jpg.7969e9a20d9eee3c23ffaf023f570495.jpg

tire2.jpg.a365b0938e2a6f5531486243b4b6c7a9.jpg

Edited by Trail Toy
  • Sad 4

FREE CAR WASH!  Look at that, I don't have to wash my rig!  Been thinking about hosing all the dust/dirt off but Mother Nature took care of that for me!  This morning at 7am my rain gauge was reading .08", two hours later it's up to .46"!  About time we got some rain around here!

happy rain GIF by Philippa Rice

• Like 2

Finale tally in my rain gauge...  .53"!  Not bad considering I only got .68" for the ENTIRE nonsoon at my house this year. 🙄

• Like 2

LOL, love that movie! Black hawk down!

• Like 1

Gotta love it when you score a nice purchase.  Been looking at Spidertrax spacers for my rig, found a set on Craigslist, practically brand new for $150!  Saved myself over $70 with not having to pay tax, shipping, etc.  

st.thumb.jpg.82924ecfd565fc9771e8b317eb2b64f5.jpg

Today I learned how to tell exactly how much of a lift my rig has, being that the previous owner wasn't quite sure and told me they "think" it's a 4" lift.  After checking a couple measurements it turns out I do have exactly a 4" lift, nice to finally know for sure.  While checking the the lift height I discovered my driver front shock body is hitting/rubbing on the frame, not a lot but enough to make a small dent in the shock body.  Now I'm looking at lower shock relocation brackets to remedy this problem which requires my wheels to have less backspacing.  My wheels have a 5" backspacing and a minimum of 4.5" is required to clear the new lower mounts.  Turns out these spacers are going to come in handy sooner than I thought.  I was going to wait until I install bigger tires before installing the spacer but now I'll be installing them sooner. 

Below is a diagram that shows how to check lift height, figured I'd share this for anyone else who might not be sure, obviously this is for JK's only.  Using this diagram both of my measurements were exactly 4" longer.

lift.thumb.jpg.fa8b4030378039dd4a64273fbabd24c2.jpg

Edited by Trail Toy
  • Like 3