Trail Toy

Proudly introducing "NO RAGRETS", before/after pics & more...

After a couple emails back and forth with Metalcloak it turns out the Rocksports aren't a good option for my rig, apparently my Superlift springs are a bit too soft for them.  Looks like I'll be spending a little more and buying the TeraFlex set.

You gotta love Metalcloak.  Their honesty and help, which caused them to lose a sale, can't be beat.  The fact that they are that honest makes me even more of a Metalcloak fan/customer.

924702053_MetalCloakBanner-125X125.jpg.dbb9d597bfe989a855aac136641886cd.jpg

Edited by Trail Toy
  • Like 2

NO MORE OIL LEAK!  Had the upper oil pan gasket replaced today so no more oil leaks/drips or burning oil smell. 😎

infinity war yes GIF

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Installed the Metalcloak drop down brackets and TeraFlex shocks today.  After a quick test drive there's definitely a difference (for the better) with how how my rig drives now.  Real test will be during tomorrows run. 😎

Update on the Metalcloak drop down brackets:

After yesterdays run and more freeway driving there's a HUGE difference in how my Jeep drives now.  When I first bought my rig it had terrible handling, especially on the freeway, actually kinda scary with how bad it wandered.  Always had to have 2 hands on the wheel to keep it under control.  Now I can drive with one hand barely holding the steering wheel and my rig drives basically like a normal vehicle, nice and straight for the most part and no wandering.  Bumps, pot holes, etc. are barely noticeable to where as before they were a bit violent when hitting them.  Offroading is much better now, smoother and my steering wheel doesn't jerk back and forth nearly as violent as before.  Braking is a hint better than before as well.  All in all, these drop down brackets are awesome!  If I had known about control arm angle/geometry and how important it is and how much difference it makes I would have bought and installed them much sooner.  I want to thank @Stacey and Scott & @4x4tographer for explaining (while on the Bolder Pass run) about the geometry and opening my eyes, so to speak, about the importance of control arm positioning.

nice wow wow wee wow GIF

Edited by Trail Toy
  • Like 5

Posted (edited)

Modified my intake for better filtration and more air.  I used a Spectre "Y" pipe then attached it to my intake tube with 2 AEM washable/reusable dry air filters.

intake.thumb.jpg.dd3ef62a455ea632a9e8cdf28bd59bcd.jpg

Edited by Trail Toy

Just be careful around water crossings! I have a cold air intake for a 3.6 liter that you're welcome to, it looks like a little modding to the hard pipe and it would work for your setup, yours for the taking if you want.

• Like 1

I have the 3.8 liter so it won't work but I'll check it out and see if I might be able to modify any part of it to use on my rig, thanks! 

Posted (edited)

First, a special shout out and thank you to @Stacey and Scott for giving me their cold air intake system they weren't using and didn't want. 😎

Today I re-modified my "modified" air intake system.  I was able to use the intake tube by cutting it down then attaching my "Y" pipe to it and then attached it to my throttle body.  This new set up is much better and more stable than my first modified set up.  You can compare and see the difference from the pic in my previous post to the pics in this one.  I wanted to use more of the intake tube but it has almost a 90 degree bend and was too long.  That cold air intake system is for a 3.6L and I have a 3.8L, my throttle body is in the center and sits slightly angled to the left where the 3.6L throttle body is to the left of the center of the engine and sits about square.  All in all I'm much happier with this new set up and it even seems my rig has just a hint more pep to it's step where as with my first mod I didn't notice anything.

20210317_142302.thumb.jpg.1025e2297b6bdf7df79deed82a509284.jpg

20210317_150246.thumb.jpg.005975eaf9d994d6156a1f7ab6afd303.jpg

20210317_150319.thumb.jpg.ac0c610174ec63b4b33fb1003b8f0f2e.jpg

I have a few left over parts I won't be using and more than happy to give away to someone who thinks they might make use of them.  Wet (oiled) air filter, a heat shield and an 11.25" long 3" aluminum tube with mounting bracket and PCV connection.  Scott thinks this was a Rugged Ridge intake system but not exactly sure.

20210317_142603.thumb.jpg.68c27ef44420cfef83f08c8f4651ad1c.jpg

Edited by Trail Toy
  • Like 1

Looks much more stable

• Thanks 1

Had my new muffler installed today, nice low throaty tone and not loud at all.  Just like after the new intake I can feel a hint more pep in it's step! 😎

Dynomax Super Turbo #17734 only $45 from amazon.com.  Performance Muffler in Peoria did a great job with the install, keeping everything tucked up nice for only $75!

muff.thumb.jpg.dc26daabf7ddc97eb01edb5b758a2814.jpg

Look at my rigs sweet sexy ass now, no more ugly OEM muffler! 😄

20210318_161333.thumb.jpg.0043325b27960ddc361f4b4e016e16b4.jpg

• Like 4