Jump to content
Trail Toy

Proudly introducing "NO RAGRETS", before/after pics & more...

Recommended Posts

can't tell from that last picture, but it looks like your stabilizer is still in the factory location (below the tie-rod)? if so, consider an inexpensive relocation bracket to get it up out of the rocks.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/16/2021 at 7:17 AM, theksmith said:

can't tell from that last picture, but it looks like your stabilizer is still in the factory location (below the tie-rod)? if so, consider an inexpensive relocation bracket to get it up out of the rocks.

 

It is slightly below (kinda halfway) and the Metal Cloak relocation bracket is something I plan on doing eventually.  I know Metal Cloak's bracket is twice the price as the one you shared from Amazon but I try and give Metal Cloak some business as they've been really good to me. 😎

 

Update:  Went with Kristoffer's suggestion, emailed Metal Cloak a question about their relocation bracket and never got a response... 😕

Edited by Trail Toy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I knew it was going to happen sooner or later and I'm quite surprised it took this long to happen to me...  DEATH WOBBLE! 😬  4 times on the way home from my Box Canyon run I had the dreaded death wobble.  The 2nd time it hit me @Nick McDonald just happen to be approaching and witnessed it so he pulled over to make sure I was okay.  Him and Todd were a little freaked out, I explained to them that this is a common problem with Jeeps.  They were nice enough to follow me and when the next 2 death wobbles got me they stayed behind me with the hazard lights flashing as I pulled off the road and got my rig under control.  They stayed behind me until we got to Loop 303 and then we went our separate ways.  I made it the rest of the way home without any more death wobbles.  I want to give them a huge shout out and thank you for making sure I made it that far. 😎

 

death will GIF

  • Like 2
  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Trail Toy said:

Well, I knew it was going to happen sooner or later and I'm quite surprised it took this long to happen to me...  DEATH WOBBLE! 😬  4 times on the way home from my Box Canyon run I had the dreaded death wobble.  The 2nd time it hit me @Nick McDonald just happen to be approaching and witnessed it so he pulled over to make sure I was okay.  Him and Todd were a little freaked out, I explained to them that this is a common problem with Jeeps.  They were nice enough to follow me and when the next 2 death wobbles got me they stayed behind me with the hazard lights flashing as I pulled off the road and got my rig under control.  They stayed behind me until we got to Loop 303 and then we went our separate ways.  I made it the rest of the way home without any more death wobbles.  I want to give them a huge shout out and thank you for making sure I made it that far. 😎

 

death will GIF

Glad to hear you made it all the rest of the way home ok. Yeah, that was one of the strangest things I've seen happen on the road. Pretty freaky. 

 

Hope we can do another run with you guys. Thanks for leading the group. We had a good time today. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/18/2021 at 6:33 PM, Trail Toy said:

Well, I knew it was going to happen sooner or later and I'm quite surprised it took this long to happen to me...  DEATH WOBBLE! 😬  4 times on the way home from my Box Canyon run I had the dreaded death wobble.  The 2nd time it hit me @Nick McDonald just happen to be approaching and witnessed it so he pulled over to make sure I was okay.  Him and Todd were a little freaked out, I explained to them that this is a common problem with Jeeps.  They were nice enough to follow me and when the next 2 death wobbles got me they stayed behind me with the hazard lights flashing as I pulled off the road and got my rig under control.  They stayed behind me until we got to Loop 303 and then we went our separate ways.  I made it the rest of the way home without any more death wobbles.  I want to give them a huge shout out and thank you for making sure I made it that far. 😎

 

death will GIF

That's pretty scary. Did you figure out what's loose?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, LaZorraRoja said:

That's pretty scary. Did you figure out what's loose?

 

Not yet, going to get my rig in the garage, get it up on jack stands and start investigating one day this week.  My biggest concern is that there might be other damage as a result of the death wobble.  If it's bad/expensive I might not be driving my Jeep for a while, with medical bills coming in those have to be dealt with first, the Jeep just has to wait. 😕

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Trail Toy said:

 

Not yet, going to get my rig in the garage, get it up on jack stands and start investigating one day this week.  My biggest concern is that there might be other damage as a result of the death wobble.  If it's bad/expensive I might not be driving my Jeep for a while, with medical bills coming in those have to be dealt with first, the Jeep just has to wait. 😕

 

Check out this thread on diagnosing. It went a long way in helping me understand what was causing my issues post-lift.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/how-to-beat-death-wobble-an-algorithm-to-diagnose-the-issue.62313/

 

It's a good way of systematically eliminating culprits, step-by-step. For me, it ended up being a worn out tie-rod end on my drag link.

 

Good luck! DW is no fun.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can go by tomorrow and take a look with you. I doubt there's any other damage from having death wobble it's just scary. I had it on my XJ and it turns out lowering my tire pressure in front to psi made a big difference. I can help you check the track bar etc for movement. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loose track bar...  And I tightened the 💩 out of that nut/bolt when I installed the stabilizer relocation bracket.  I'll have to get in there, this time use some Loctite, and re-tighten that mother!  Plus I need to get my toe adjusted, it's way out of whack and that too can cause death wobble.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...